SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Need help on almost finished kitchen

jojoco
last year
last modified: last year

The kitchen makeover at our summer cottage is almost done-- it just needs painting, installation of the faucet and a few more cabinet pulls installed. I'm going to see it for the first time next week--yay! I'm super happy with the results. (And yes, I also noticed the gap above the fridge--this fridge is cheap--we bought it in an emergency 2 years ago so I can't replace it right away. The next one will fit better. In the meantime, I'm sure we'll find something to stuff in the gap.) I also want to replace the stove with a vintage one as Chinacatpeekin has completely inspired me with her kitchen. (As I look at my after picture, I realize my stove *is* almost vintage, lol). We also have two floor-to-ceiling pantries on the wall not pictured.

But my main question now is what height for the counter stools. The counter height is 36" and then there is the contertop, which is quartz. It looks like it is maybe an inch thick? The overhang is only 10" (we were constrained by an existing window.) We'll probably put two, maybe three stools in.

Can you lovely people measure your countertop and the height of the seat of your barstools please? My kitchen guy says 24", but the vast majority of stools are always in the 26" category.

Thanks,

Jo

Before:

After:

Comments (27)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County