SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsay_ke

Has anyone used Benjamin Moore Creamy White?

Lindsay K
last year

How do you like it? Care to share any pics? It’s hard to find pictures of this one online. I have a samplize sample, but am wondering what it looks like on a larger scale in a normal house. I found this influencer post (creamy white is the wall color), but these people usually use filters and take tons of photos in the best lighting to get the perfect shot.

Comments (30)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    last year
    last modified: last year

If you want to order another Samplize or two, their latest coupon code, FIRSTFIVE, takes $5 off your order.

Lindsay K thanked Lori A. Sawaya
  • Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

@Lori A. Sawaya thank you! Maybe I’ll do that! I love using samplize, but another sticker or two would help. Some of them I cut up and put on different walls. I was thinking about going to get some paint-on samples from my BM store tomorrow. I’m having a heck of a time deciding on paint colors for my kitchen and living room. I’ve narrowed it down to this one, ballet white, and shoji white. I think this has the most yellow in it of the three. I have cream countertops in my kitchen, so thats the main reason I might go with it. I’m worried shoji and ballet white could make the cream tops look dingy.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    last year

I’m worried shoji and ballet white could make the cream tops look dingy.

Wish I lived close by because I'd come over and measure it for you.

The perception of dirty or dingy resides within the dimension of color called Chroma.

And we can manage it.

If there's a difference of about 0.20 in Munsell Chroma between two colors, it's very unlikely either one will look dirty or dingy.

You could get a Color Muse and measure it yourself. If you decide to do that, I can tell you what numbers to use from the app.

If you look up Chroma and someone suggests to use the LCh values from the Color Muse app for this conundrum, keep clicking.

LCh does a good job of describing color but it's not always the best color model to use.

If it helps, here are the color data profiles for the 3 colors you're considering.

When you look at Chroma, Shoji has the lowest number.

That means it's the most neutral, less colorful of the bunch.

Creamy White has the most Chroma, is the most colorful.

Ballet is in the middle. I'd eliminate this one. Because it's in the middle.

Why - Because odds are either Creamy White or Shoji is going to provide the most Chroma contrast with the countertops.

And that's what you want for the best odds of avoiding dirty, dingy.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    last year

Also, if someone orders more than $50 in Samplize, here's a 10% off code.

Safeopt10

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

@Lori A. Sawaya thanks so much! I keep hesitating with the ballet white, and I wonder if this is why. Thank you for explaining this!

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

@kandrewspa, yes, totally agree. I’ll be having to pay someone to paint the living room specifically. It has 10’ ceilings and crown molding. Not a cheap project between the paint and paying someone to do it! I think the current wall color is messing with me. I may prime a few walls and look at my samples that way. I have some white boards coming too, so I’ll try that first.

• oreolucca1
    last year

Which paint color did you choose? I am looking at creamy white from Ben Moore as well.

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

I haven’t used it! I’m actually painting next week and am still trying to decide what color to do.

• oreolucca1
    last year

I tried it and it was browner and darker then I thought it would be. So inhad a half gallon of dove whites and mixed the two together I am done sampling so am painting this weekend we shall see lol Good luck

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

@oreolucca1 please update me on how it looks! I hope you end up liking it.

• Karolina Suarez
    last year

Please keep me updated! I want to see it!!

• oreolucca1
    last year

Well it could be hot mess but i will post a pic

• einportlandor
    last year

I recently painted my bedroom Creamy White and I just love it. That said, it's not really white, it looks very much like the pic you posted at the beginning, especially with white trim. But it's soft and lovely. Good luck! BTW, I think I had eight samples on the walls and it took me many weeks to decide so I truly get it.

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

Oreolucca1, how’s your painting going? Do you like the color?

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

Einportlander, glad you like it! It’s still on my list :)

• oreolucca1
    last year

I got delayed in painting I will get it on the wall tomm. I think its a pretty color just was dark in my room. will send pictures as soon as it is done

• susanlynn2012
    last year

I am thinking of painting my bedroom BM Creamy White OC-7 which is also BM Aspen in the Springtime 954. I see a tinge of great in it as well as the creaminess. Now that I changed my headboard, more colors look nice in my master bedroom. I just have no overhead lighting and only have floor lamps so I do not want anything too dark but I need more color on the wall I feel than the Raplh Lauren Deep Cream (that was painted in 2006 in Benjamin Moore matching in peal paint> Anyone have other pictures on their wall?

Lindsay K thanked susanlynn2012
  • Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

@susanlynn2012 good to know it is also spring in aspen…maybe that’ll make it easier to find inspiration photos online. I still haven't painted my living room, which is the room I’ve been considering this color for. It’s either going to be feather down, creamy white, or swiss coffee.

• susanlynn2012
    last year

Lindsay K, we must have similar tastes since those are the three paint colors I am considering for my Master Bedroom and Master Bathroom. one of them works out, I will repaint my other two bathrooms also in my townhouse. Wish I could see the color on a wall in person or in more homes. I have no overhead lighting in my Master Bedroom with the tall ceilings and 3,000K temperature LED bulbs in lamps on nightstands and my bureau. I changed my headboard to Wesley Allen Eldridge Matte White with the Crystal look finials so now the paint color will not clash.

• oreolucca1
    last year

Just saw this. I looked at all those colors and ended up going with maritime white very soft cream with not much yellow

Lindsay K thanked oreolucca1
  • susanlynn2012
    last year

Thank you, Oreolucca1! I love the all color in your picture. I will try the BM maritime white Samplize. Thank you!

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

@susanlynn2012, I do have bm swiss coffee in one room currently. I really like it. It’s in my kitchen, and I’m debating whether I should bring it into the living room or if I should do something with a slightly lower lrv in the LR. The swiss coffee changes a lot throughout the day. Sometimes it looks almost white, sometimes a very pale beige, and in certain light next to my oak cabinets it can have almost a pink undertone.

• susanlynn2012
    last year

@Lindsay K, What did you end up painting your room? I would love to know. I had to put my project on hold since my dishwasher died. My new dishwasher was installed on Friday and I love it. But now I need to get back to my paint project.

• Lindsay K
    Original Author
    last year

@susanlynn2012 I haven’t chosen a color yet. I got sidetracked as well, and am thinkibg about it again now.

• HeATHER Watson
    6 months ago

I have all BM swiss coffee, full strength, walls and trim and painted my kitchen cabinets BM creamy white...will try to find a photo to post

• aholcomb
    4 months ago

Heather Watson, would love to see a photo of your house. I have to choose the colors for our new build this week and I think that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

• Jan Marie Sloat
    4 months ago

Creamy white with simply white ceiling

• Jan Marie Sloat
    4 months ago

I do really like it, room was dark grey green prior but wanted a change.