SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Boomer comfort food . . .

OK, I admit it, I had Campbell's cream of mushroom soup for dinner with Townhouse crackers, and I loved every minute of it!

I know for some it is yuck, but I don't see it as all that terrible. I got the low salt kind . . . bought it to make a quick gravy sauce for the pork chops I made for Dad at Sunday dinner. Added some red wine, fancy! For all his palate cared, the convenience was worth the culinary corner cutting. Had the rest of the can for supper tonight. And the can is recyclable.

I always liked the mushroom, I know I'm an outlier on that, but the tomato is my favorite. I make my own cream of tomato soup with home grown tomatoes, saute the veggies, etc. but even though it is easy, it's not feeling blue on a Tuesday night open a can an in five minutes you're slurping down the comfort easy.

As for the Townhouse crackers, that was forbidden fruit to be sure . . .

But now, as a shy person, I have the strength to get up and do what needs to be done.

What kind of person drives two hours from home, dresses in full combat gear and guns down a 77 year old granny who stopped at the store to buy strawberries for shortcake. We gotta stare down the cold hearted evil growing in this land and melt it away with love, because that's the only way to drive out hate. I wish there were an easier way. We sure need some powerful love.

Comments (117)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz