SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeniniowa

Quality difference in Yorktowne vs Durasupreme?

We are working with a builder on our kitchen renovation/addition and have been looking at Durasupreme cabinets for quite some time. We just found out from the cabinet person he works with that with the current lead time, we wouldn't be seeing our cabinets until November (just a week ago, it was September). Honestly, while it's not the end of the world, we were hoping to have things done much sooner than that, and it basically means we will be finishing up this project right around the holidays....not idea.

The cabinet person recommended we possibly go with the bulk of our cabinets from Yorktowne. I know nothing about their cabinets and I'm wondering if quality-wise, there is a difference?

We are doing white painted perimeter cabinets (not quite a shaker style door, but closer) and a white oak island. Cabinet-lady suggested we could do yorktowne for the white and durasupreme for the island and pay an expedited fee on the island....overall cost would still be less than current all-dura quote.

I'd love any feed back on things...or maybe we just tough it out and wait? We don't want to regret skimping on cabinets - it's the thing that lasts in a kitchen, so if everyone says "wait for the dura" then we will, even though we'd save some $ going with Yorktowne.

The only other alternate option that we looked into a while ago was a local semi-custom cabinet maker...that's still a slight option.

Comments (3)