SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
icrs

Drop in tub/ shower combination (rookie mistake)

icrs
last year
last modified: last year

We remodeled our bathroom and installed a drop-in Kohler Underscore tub in the alcove, with a shower above it. Our alcove had a few extra inches width, so it seemed like the right thing to do. Unsurprisingly, we cannot keep the water off the floor. At this point, I'm thinking of :

• a circular shower curtain covering the beautiful tile work and glass niche :-(
  • setting a deck above it (but how do I build some incline into the tub? (This particular tub can be under-mounted)
  • or framing it with a glass door, and soaking the water with a shammy each time we shower, before opening the door to step out of the tub, and also giving up the nice soaking idea...

Anyone with more reasonable ideas? We *could* use the same tiles in a different format to re-work the deck. I'm just not sure how. The tile comes in everything from mosaic to large format, including edges or many kinds. Or, we could get a proper alcove tub and redo, but what about the extra inches? For context, on the other side of the bathroom, we have a vanity topped with Carrara marble. We were planing to put printed glass on the apron, similar to the niche, but we *could* just use marble for a new deck and front. I'm just not sure, even if we do transform the tub in an undermount and build a deck above it, how to drain the water drain in the tub and not on the floor? I just don't have a good solution. All because of the extra few inches room width...

Comments (14)