SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faithrcollins

Spring Swap will be May 28th

Faith
last year

Hi Everyone,

The Spring Swap will be in my back yard in northwest Arvada on May 28th, start starting 11:00ish. Bring a dish to share for the potluck lunch, bring any friends or family members who would like to come, and bring any plants you’d like to share. Message me privately for my address.

Let us know here if you hope/plan to come, and what plants you’re thinking of bringing.

Finally, here are some swap FAQs put together by Skybird msny years ago, but just as relevant today!

For anyone who hasn't been to a past swap, or anyone who has been to one but still has questions about who, what, when, where, and how we do it, here are the "Basic Swap FAQs" for you. Pretty much any questions you may have should be answered here, but if you think of something that isn't included here, this is the place to ask about it!

~~~~~ THE BASIC SWAP FAQ'S! ~~~~~

WHAT TO BRING!

Anything that has anything to do with gardening is welcome at the swap!

Plants, of course, are our primary "commodity," but people also sometimes bring fresh produce, like cut herbs, rhubarb, or other fresh spring veggies to include in the trading. The Spring Swap plants are usually mostly starts and seedlings of annual bedding plants and veggies, with some perennial divisions and seedlings. The Fall Swap is usually mostly
perennial divisions!

In addition to garden plants, we also welcome house plants, seeds, pots, books/magazines, tools, rocks, garden art.......... Anything garden related that you don't want or need anymore!

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE SWAP!

The Arriving Part!

When you arrive, there will be a table with a sign in sheet and name badges. Everybody needs to sign in and make a name badge for themselves and any significant others or guests.

The Eating Part!

We start out with the pot luck! Your dish can be absolutely anything! Hot dishes, cold dishes, appetizers/finger foods, salads, sweets--anything you think others would enjoy! Homemade dishes, if you have time, are always good and very much appreciated! Please plan to bring a serving spoon if it will be needed for your dish, and also please make some provision for it to be covered--a lid if it's that type of dish, or plastic wrap, or whatever. And a request I've made at the swaps for the last several years that seems to work out pretty well! I love sweets, so I definitely don't want to put too much of a damper on the dessert type things, but at a couple of the early swaps we seemed to wind up with mostly sweets, so if you're trying to decide between that or something else, lean toward the something else!

The Swapping Part!

During the arriving/eating parts you will have had time to check out the plants people have brought, and now it's time for the swapping! First we make sure anybody who has plants earmarked for others, gets or has already gotten them to the right people. Then we draw numbers for the first TWO rounds of picking what we want. With number in hand, we go around and have everyone briefly describe what they brought so people know for sure what's there and so everyone can decide what they want the most! Then we go around twice in "number order" and each person picks the one thing they want the most in each round. This gives everyone a pretty good chance of getting the two things they really want! After the two "civilized" rounds of picking we open it up to a free-for-all! Everyone just goes around and grabs whatever they want of what's left! (Bring your Body Armor!) NOTE: At the last several swaps, after the first two rounds of picking we’ve been deciding as a group if we want to do more “rounds” of picking before we go to the free-for-all! Most people seem to prefer doing that, so odds are that’s what we’ll do again this time!

About the Earmarking!

On the day of the swap we don't allow any "early picking," meaning, while you can look and touch all you want, nobody can take any of the plants till we start our first two rounds of picking! BUT we do allow earmarking of plants BEFORE the swap when people post what they plan to bring. When people start posting what they plan to bring they'll say whether or not they'll be willing to earmark plants for people, and if they are, you can ask for dibs on them at that point! In the last few years I and a couple other people have decided it's more fun to not do dibs—and less complicated—at one swap I had almost 150 plants earmarked for people and I almost needed to hire an accountant to keep track of it all! So when the "What are you bringing" thread is started, if somebody doesn't make it clear about whether or not they're going to Do Dibs, go ahead and ask and they can let you know then if they'll be doing it or not!

OUR PRIMARY SWAP RULE!

And then there's that one Swap Law that everybody needs to know about! Nobody needs to have any plants to be welcome at the swap! If you're new to gardening and don't have anything yet, if you just moved to a new house and don't have anything to give away yet, or if you just don't have anything for any reason at all, that's ok! There are always way, way plenty plants to go around, and we get together as much to swap gardening talk and friendship as to swap plants--so come regardless of how much you do or don't have to bring! (And, yes, you do get to pick plants in the swap part even if you weren't able to bring any!)

HERE'S SOME BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLANTS YOU BRING!

PLANT THEM – Whether it's divisions or seedlings or whole plants you'll be bringing, please try to get them into their pots AT LEAST a couple weeks before the swap so they have time to "settle in" and start to root out some. If plants are dug up and put into pots, and then taken back out of the pots to be planted in the ground just a couple days later, it's "double trauma" for them! Also, most plants don't do at all well in pots in "garden soil," so if at all possible, use some sort of a store bought potting mix. It doesn't need to be expensive! (But Hyponex brand would probably be worse than garden soil, so if that's the option, stick with the garden soil!)

LABEL THEM – Please be sure the plants you bring are labeled one way or another! Here are some of the ways people have labeled their plants in the past: a regular plant tag in the pot – plastic beverage cups cut up into narrow strips – popsicle sticks – old blinds cut up into label size strips – staple or tape a piece of paper with the name onto the pot – write the name of the plant on the pot with a marker or crayon – make up adhesive labels with the plant name and basic information and stick them on the pots. I make up little strips of paper on the computer with the name and other info and include one with each plant. Be creative, but find some way to label them! Anything to ensure the person getting the plant will know what they have when they get home. When we're at the swap, we all think we'll be able to remember the things we're getting to take home, and then we wind up grabbing all kinds of things in the free-for-all, and........... Oops! What is this!

WATER THEM – Please plan to thoroughly water the plants you're bringing the DAY BEFORE the swap so they'll have time to drain well enough to be easy to transport, yet be wet enough to not be wilting at the swap or while people are taking them home!

TAKE THEM HOME! – It's a really good idea to bring a box/tray or two to carry your booty back home in! If the plants you're bringing are in something, don't let anybody else snag it, and you can use that to refill with the new goodies! We do ask that you please don't use someone else's boxes or trays without asking first if it's ok!

MARK YOUR EARMARKED PLANTS -- If you're earmarking something for someone who's requested it, please be sure to clearly mark on the pot somehow who it's for, to be sure it gets to the right person. I use small "pots" (styrofoam cups!) for my plants, and when I’ve earmarked plants in the past I found it worked well to write the screen name of the person on a paper bag and put the plants in the bag. If there was more than one bag for someone I just wrote "1 of 2" on it to be sure nothing got missed! That made it easy for everyone to find the ones that were for them, and it's easier to carry the bags than to carry a bunch of separate pots. Small boxes work well too! There will be an area away from the general swap plants to put things that are earmarked for specific people.

COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE SWAP!

ALL swap information is posted here on the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum! The ONLY email that will be sent directly to the people that are planning to attend the swap, will be one with the address and directions, approximately a week before the swap. Be sure to Private Message the host with your email address so you can get on the mailing list! Also, as far as I know, since houzz took over, when you PM somebody the person who receives the message will NOT get your personal email address unless you put it in the BODY OF THE MESSAGE, so when you send the PM be sure you include your actual email address!

Comments (51)

• Laura (Z5a Fort Collins, Colorado)
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hooray! I plan on attending, as well. A bit of a drive but totally worth it to reconnect with you plant peeps who UNDERSTAND my botanical obsession. :)

Does anyone need any houseplant starts? I've got quite a variety, but will only take them down if there's noted interest. (Else I end up with the rejects and have even MORE plants taking over the house. Haha.)

• spiderplants (green, varigated, reverse-varigated and curly "bonnie")
    • pothos (green, "marble queen" and "N-Joy")
    • philodendrons, (green heart-leaf and "Brasil". I also have the much-coveted "Pink Princess", but she's an abysmally slow grower and I won't have enough to clip until the fall maybe.)
    • No-ID coleus
    • Yucca Elephantipes (Spineless Yucca / Stick Yucca)
    • Dieffenbachia "Tropic Snow"
    • Tradescandia zebrina (silver-purple inch plant)
    • several two-year old white oak tree bonsai seedlings
    • (and)
    • Cactuses and various succulants like kalanchoe, (Mother of Thousands, Florist's Yellow, scalloped, varigated, etc) and a ton of aloe cultivars and hybrids that I'm too lazy to look up at the moment.

I have meager outside offerings due to the aforementioned Garden Armageddon, but I do have:

• a bumper crop of true catnip
    • some young "Denver Gold" columbines
    • a lot of extra flower and veggie seeds.
    • and some vigorous Red Runner beans that make the hummingbirds super happy with their blooms.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

L

• gjcore
    last year

I could use catnip and I'm interested in succulents though I'll need to research what you have. Seeds I'll always at least take a look at.

• Related Discussions

Big Spring Plant Swap Sat. April 28th, Near Ft. Worth,Texas

Q

Comments (1)
    Hello Carol, I would love to come to your swap. You just live to far from Ohio. We are also hosting a plant swap here in Canton,Ohio on May 26. When your swap is over please let use know how it went. This is our first swap. We are not sure what works and what won't. If you have any insights please post or email me directly. I am excited for you . Good Luck, Pam
    ...See More

WANTED: roll call for swap aug 28th not too late

Q

Comments (6)
    Doris, I would love to have some of the Variegated Obedient Plant, and daylilies (what colors). I am also interested in the sedum and Valerie Finnnese Artemesia. Whitewater, I would love some of your Blue iris,cordscrew willows,purple coneflower. I will bring you a Choo Choo Train Hosta. Hopefully will have more of what you would like as well. I will be bringing a couple of different kinds of hosta, lilacs (one white, and one lavender), possibly some tall named garden phlox, double/triple kwanzo daylilies, mixed color iris, purple ladybells, fernleaf tansy if anyone wants some, pastel pink yarrow if anyone wants some. I'm sure theres more, I just can't think of them right now. Dessa, are you still bringing the variegated TB iris? Also, do you still have a red dogwood availabel from this springs swap? Let me know what I can bring you hun. Tina
    ...See More

Mid-Atlantic Gardeners Swap / MAG Spring Swap - May 11, 2013

Q

Comments (8)
    Yes, rain or shine! (We'll figure out how to accommodate anything Mother Nature throws at us.) I'll bring an umbrella, plastic sheeting/tarp and maybe old blankets to keep things from making the car floor too wet, and maybe an extra pair of shoes if it's really heavy rain... And rag towels to help keep the house from getting wet tracked inside...
    ...See More

Spring Plant Swap Sat. April 28th, Near Ft. Worth,Texas~YIPEE2

Q

Comments (43)
    Well, there is a flu going around..... My luck, I'd then really get the flu, and have to take another day off. But alas, I really can't take off a Saturday in the spring. It's like December for other retailers. I'll be taking a little over a week off at the end of May to go see DD graduate and to go meet my new grandson, due May 13. So, I can't really afford to take any extra time off work. I know it'll be great fun for all! Sally
    ...See More
    last year

I'll earmark some 'nip for ya, then. :)

• Oladon
    last year

Hooray for spring swap! I'm deciding between it and a trip out of town with the hubby that weekend... it's a tough call!

If I do make it, I'll probably bring a few extra tomato and pepper starts and a few friends! :)

• Faith
    Original Author
    last year

I’ll for sure bring some Stella d’Oro daylilies (short and buttery gold), some irises of unknown colors, and some rudbeckia laciniata, affectionately known as ”shithouse daisies.” As always, i also have shasta daiaies and regular black eyed susans for anyone who wants them.

Laura, I’m excited about your columbines and scarlet runners.

last year

Faith: I was able to dig up some of the ity-bitty columbines for ya. They're not too happy about the situation, but hopefully they'll perk up in 10 days. They are the toughest most beautiful columbines I've ever grown.

The red runner beans are still in bean form, as they aren't keen on transplanting or cold temps. I call them my "magic beans" because, once you plant them when the nights are warm, they just take off like Jack's fabled Beanstalk.

I'd be interested in the regular black eyed susans, if they're Rudbeckia hirta. The laciniata sound neat, but they might not be as happy as I wouldn't be able to give them the elbow room they'd like.

Gjcore: I've snagged you some catnip. It's sulking in its pot, but should be good to go by the time of the swap. I can also bring fresh clippings the day of, if you'd like that as well.

If anyone has any extra penstemons, salvia or just about of any sort of rodent-resistant plant like alliums, lemme know. I'd be happy to adopt them! :)

--L

• Jerry (Broomfield CO 5)
    last year

For the swap,

I will have the following tomatoes. Will know more about other starts after planting Wed & Thurs (I hope)

6 Big Rainbow

4 Beefsteak

2 Grushkova (xlnt in container)

1 Garden Gem (xlnt in container)

1 Cesu Agrais - shoud be good for container - my first year with it

1 Woods Famous Brimmer

1 Amish Paste

1 Kellogg's Breakfast

1 Crnkovic

last year

So excited...

Jerry -- Oooh, I'd be interested in a Grushovka! Thanks. :)

Speaking of tomatoes, I might have a couple extra "Aurora" toms available if someone is super keen on one (if not no worries I'll just squeeze 'em into my garden). It's my first year with this variety, but they look pretty healthy so far.

--L

• tomatoz1
    last year

Jerry - I'd love to try any container smaller tomatoes, thanks.

My tomato plants are all spindly as we were gone for 3 weeks. If anyone wants to trench them, I'll send a list of what tomatoes I could bring.

I've been clearing a few shelves of canning jars - wide mouth. I'll bring both quart and pint jars if anyone may be interested. All have rings, many have new lids.

• llgarden
    last year

iris and some other perennials

looks like Grushovka was taken

I'm after lily of the valley

• llgarden
    last year

tomatoz1, I can find good homes to all canning jars if no one is after them, any amount

• llgarden
    last year

anyone red habanero?

• llgarden
    last year

aloe has a lot of babies, let me know if anyone wants any

last year

No red habanero here, llgarden. Sorry. :( And I take it you mean Aloe vera? Or..? I collect aloes, but yeah, AV can be VERY prolific with pups.

Anyone hear if Skybird might be coming this year? I miss her advice/stories here on the forum.

--L

• llgarden
    last year

Laura if you want honeysuckle you dig heron your way after swap. I do not have rootslayer to make it fast this week

• mstywoods
    last year

Awww, so sorry I will miss it - I will be out of town that day. All the best to all of you!! Have fun.

• DeZi Lo
    last year

@Laura (Z5a Fort Collins, Colorado) Hey I won't be able to make it to the swap this weekend, but I am interested in a cutting of your PPP and Brazil in the fall. I just started my house plant collection this winter. It is way addicting 😆. I have a micans I can probably prop for you if you are interested and different tradescantias and a couple peperonias.

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    last year

I'll be going. I pm'd you for the address, Faith.

Sadly, most of my tomato seedlings appear to be diseased. I initially thought it was wind tatter, but it's progressing from the bottom leaves upward. I've been searching the net to try to id it, but I haven't found a match yet. I've quarantined the plants. No sense in taking a chance, so I won't be bringing tomatoes. I'll be on the hunt for heirloom and paste tomatoes at the swap.

I'll bring a couple pots of red amaranth, echinacea purpea, very tiny polemonium caeruleum Blue Pearl that were just transferred to pots yesterday, anemone sylvestris and a couple of catalpa bignonioides seedlings (Southern Catalpa tree). I feel bad for not having more to bring, but most of us have been there at some point!

Laura, I've earmarked a winter sown jug of penstemon eatonii with 2 seedlings up so far and 2 of what I'm 95% sure are rudbeckia hirta for you. I'd love some catnip, clippings would be great if it's too late for plants.

Skybird is on her spring trip and won't be attending.

I'll bring a fruit bowl and croissants.

Barb

last year

llgarden -- I don't think I'll be able to swing by due to time constraints, but thanks so very much for your kind honeysuckle offer! (My surviving Major Wheeler honeysuckle is probably going to take over the world now that it has more elbow room, anyway. Haha.)

mstywoods -- We'll miss you and Skybird both!!

DeZi -- Aw, so very kind of you to offer, fellow houseplant person! I'll let you know if/when I'll be able to attend as fall grows closer. :)

treebarb -- Bummer about the tomatoes! Hope you are able to figure out what happened. :( Also: Thanks so so so much for the penstemon eatonii and rudbekia!! The hummers will love the P. eatonii especially. I'll be sure to bring more catnip, both potted and clippings, so you can try both and see what adapts the best.

--L

• Oladon
    last year

I should have some extra tomatoes that aren't too pitiful this year for ya, tomatoz1, and I'd be happy to "help" with some of the canning jars! :)

(And I decided to skip the trip and come to the swap instead.)

Planning to bring either potato salad or deviled eggs... Celiac-safe.

• Faith
    Original Author
    last year

I‘ve sent everyone my add who has messaged me so far.

For the potluck I have paper plates, cups, and cutlery. If someone could bring napkins, that would be great. Also, does anyone have name tags, or should i run out and get some? And what about raffle tickets? i haven’t heard from Skybird.

• tomatoz1
    last year

I have the name tags and raffle tickets from last May's swap. Will bring them along with a few plants.

• rockiesfanzone5co
    last year

Hi all,

I'd love to come to the swap - it will be my first one!

I'll bring some seedlings: a couple each of Madame Butterfly snaps, Potomac snaps, Fama Blue scabiosa, Perfecta Alba scabiosa, Bells of Ireland, and Love Lies Bleeding amaranth. (The scabiosas are from harvested seed so I'm not sure that they will come true.) I also have a nice sized knautia macedonia perennial scabiosa, six hills giant catmint, and maybe some others.

Laura, I have a purple penstemon set aside for you.

I will bring napkins.

I'm looking for non-purple iris (Faith? llgarden?) and who knows what else :) And I would happily take a quart canning jar or two.

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

• gjcore
    last year

Is there any interest in onion/scallion/leek seedlings?

Also I have a perennial sunflower that I'd like to get out of the vegetable garden area that I can dig up.

last year

Thanks so much, rockiesfanzone5!! It'll be awesome to meet you in person. I'd ask dibs for one of the scabiosas as well, but don't wanna get greedy. Bwahaha.

gjcore -- If you've got any vidalias, I'll take 'em. Leeks too, if they're small. P.S. If anyone wants some Kisklyk garlic (special hardnecked purple striped from Uzbekistan), I can spare a few bulbets.

Getting so excited for Saturday....!

--L

• Oladon
    last year

I'd love some of your allium seedlings, gjcore — the only successful onions I've ever grown were from you!

And would love to try your hardneck garlic, Laura!

• rockiesfanzone5co
    last year

Laura, which scabiosa would you like? I'll bring an extra for you. I also have Ace of Spades.

I'd love some of your irises.

last year

Rockiesfanzone5co -- Oooh, Ace of Spades would be super!! The blue one's so pretty, though. Sooo hard to decide. Is one more favorited by butterflies than the other?

I'll see if I can dig up a piece of iris for you. It's wedged in the rocks fairly tight!

Oladon -- Alrighty, I'll bring you some vampire repellant. :)

As to food: I'll be bringing kielbasa and sauerkraut and some fruit. Will we need to bring drinks? I forget.

--L

• rockiesfanzone5co
    last year

Oh so sorry Laura - I thought you were bringing some irises but now I see that it's Faith and llgarden. Please don't dig up some of yours just for me!

last year

RockiesFZ5co -- Lol, too late! I just dug some up. (I apparently really wanted some of that scabiosa -- haha) No worries; if you don't need 'em, I can plant them somewhere else (unless someone else would like a bit of old fashioned grape-scented iris?)

--L

• rockiesfanzone5co
    last year

Laura, I'm so sorry!

I already boxed up an Ace of Spades and a Fama Blue for you plus a penstemon and a salvia :)

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    last year

Hi all! Guess who!

What Barb said! Right now I'm in a house that's a few miles south and east of Buena Vista (due east of Nathrop!), it's at 9,400', and I'm looking at the tops of the Collegiate Peaks Range with all the new snow on them! So I'm not gonna make it to this swap! If I were in Denver I'd be there!

I've been "absent" for so long because for the last few years I've had two computers with extinct operating systems--so extinct I couldn't update them myself anymore--and I had no intentions of going in to an Apple store during covid! I could still do email and weather so I just kept keepin' on keepin' on the way they were! (When I tried to reply to digit's "where is Skybird" thread I discovered I couldn't sign in here anymore to post--and I even gave up reading!) A little over a year ago I bought a new laptop so I'd have something usable on my "first trips AV"--after vaccination--but it turned out to be a Lemon Laptop and it struggled along until it finally completely gave up the ghost on my trip last fall! When I was getting ready to leave on this trip I went to the "Genius Bar" and spent five hours there getting "the two olde ones" fixed--and they had to send the Lemon Laptop somewhere to get the battery (dangerous lithium ion battery!) replaced--they thought that was the whole problem, and it appears they were right since the Lemon Laptop is what I'm using right now!!!

So, I'm Back!!!

I'm so glad you all are carrying on the Swap Tradition! Thank you all for keeping it going!

Since I'm not coming to this one I'm not sure I have a right to ask! But! If anyone has some small potted daylilies--any kind--I'd really appreciate it if you'd send one of whatever kind home with Barb--she doesn't know yet that I'm asking you to do this! Before I came here I was staying in a (totally modern!) hogan on Navajo Nation--I've been taking perennials along for the Navajo woman who owns it and I found out that she loves daylilies, but I only have a couple very small ones so I don't have any of my own to take her! If anybody has any I could have I'll keep them over summer and take them along for her when I go back on my fall trip this year! They'd need to be in pretty small pots since any plants I take on my trips need to fit in boxes and go in the car as Top Freight! I don't know how to say thank you in Navajo/Dine, but thank you from me and her in plain old English if any of you can help me--and if I get some I'll be sure to let her know that they came from people on the Friendliest Little Gardening Forum in the West!

I hope I'll be in the right neck of the woods for the fall swap! It's been FOREVER!

Have fun everyone!

Skybird

Friday 05.27.22 @ 1800 MDT

last year

rockiesfan -- It's all good. The whole clump is waaaay overdue to be divided, anyhow. Thanks again in advance for the pretty flowers! :) :)

Okay so I'm putting it all together tonight so I'm not scrambling in the morning. So far I've got the following spoken for:

gjcore -- Catnip (and possibly seeds and succulents to peruse)

Faith -- Denver Gold columbines and scarlet runner beans

DeZi Lo -- PPP and Brazil philos (dibbed extra early for the fall swap)

Treebarb -- Catnip and more catnip

Oladon -- Kyslyk garlic bulbets

Am I missing anyone?

--L

EDIT: Skybird!!!!! I didn't refresh my screen before posting so I didn't see that you'd posted. Thanks for checking in! We miss you, too!

• Faith
    Original Author
    last year

SkybSkybird, if i can manage it tomorrow morning i will pot up some daylilies (the smaller gold ones: stella d’oro or stella de oro) for you. If I can’t manage it tomorrow morning, I will happily do it whenever you are back in town. I have three big clumps that were here when i moved in 8 years ago and they desperately need to be split—they have bare ptches in the middle now!

Regarding the potluck, I have made pasta salad and will cut some watermelon. I do not have any drinks! I can supply tap water and make some sun tea, but it would be lovely if someone brought something.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    last year

Hi Faith,

I"m sorry I didn't get around to checking in here sooner! I was just so used to it "not working" for me I didn't think about it till Barb mentioned in an email that she was going to the swap--and then I was driving all day yesterday!

If you have time just dig up a little batch of them and stick them in a grocery bag for Barb to bring home for me--at least if she'll have room to stick them in her fridge till I get back--so, seriously, not a whole lot of them! She's been keeping my veggie starts for me while I'm gone--thru wind and weather!--so I'll be seeing her soon after I get home to Denver.

And if you don't have time for that--or she won't have room in her fridge--we can connect sometime over summer and I can pick up a few!

I know how crazy-busy you'll be tomorrow, so whatever will work best for you! And I'll email Barb yet tonite so she has at least a clue what's going on!

Thanks for offering some,

Skybird

F 05.27..22 @ 2120 MDT

• Oladon
    last year

I'm making some caffeine free herbal (iced) tea to bring, minus the ice.

Yay, Skybird! We all love hearing from you. :)

• gardenchloe
    last year

Super last minute decision from my daughter. She will skip the last portion of her Tae Kwon Do practice so we can make it to the swap. I dont have lots to bring due to this but I have couple Fire Spinner Ice Plants, Shasta Daisy, annual and perennital Black Eyed Susan, Bee Balm, couple of different varieties of Celosias that are good for cut flowers.

Rockiesfan,

I just dug some Celebration Songs iris for you and will see what else I can dig up in the last hour that is not purple. I am in the cut flower department myself and would love your Perfect Alba Scabiosa and the other flowers you are bringing.

Laura,

I would have dug up way more Bee Balms for you if I knew I was going. If you need more, I'd bring them in Fall swap.

• mmmm12COzone5
    last year

Jerry,

We have a garden hook we would like to send along to the swap but probably aren't going. If you see this could you let us know if you have room for it?

Anyone else up north that is going and we can drop it by?

Thanks!

last year

mmmm12, I can take it . I am leaving t 10:30. Do u have the address?

• mmmm12COzone5
    last year

Yes! We will bring it right over now. Thanks! I just looked in my old msgs and found it.

• mmmm12COzone5
    last year

In the free for all if there are 4 red tomato plants (any type/size), 3 basil plants and two zucchini/yellow squash we would love it if someone could take them for us. That is what we were hoping to get. We can pick it up at someone's house.

last year

MMM12 - I saw this too late!

• mmmm12COzone5
    last year

No worries. It was a long shot.

• gjcore
    last year

Thanks to everyone who participated especially Faith who hosted. It was great to see the local gardening folk!

• gardenchloe
    last year

Thank you, Faith, for hosting! It was super great seeing everyone.

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    last year

Faith, you have a beautiful yard, a perfect spot for a swap! Thank you for hosting. It was wonderful to see everyone and what a great assortment of plants and food showed up!

• Faith
    Original Author
    last year

What a grwat swap! The food was delicious, the weather was perfect, and the plants prolific. Now we just have to get them all into the ground! It was so nice to see everyone, and thanks for letting me host again! I have the nametags and tickets, which I’ll bring to the fall swap.

• tomatoz1
    last year

Many thanks to Faith for her hosting the great swap, and many more thanks to the dedicated gardeners for their plants. Looking forward to a great harvest of color and food.

• rockiesfanzone5co
    last year

Thank you everyone for a fun afternoon! It was great meeting all you friendly gardeners and putting faces to screen names. Faith, your backyard is an inspiration!

Thanks for all the irises that people set aside for me. I got about half of them in the ground over the weekend, now to wait out the rain for the rest.

Looking forward to watching everyone's new plants grow, more fun chat and the fall swap!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting