SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_259732099

Getting rid of tile.. What should I mix with my Engineered Wood?

A Gilmore
last year
last modified: last year

I am having the HARDEST time ever figuring out what to do about my first floor. I want to replace the flooring in my entire house with LVP but it would be 20K which is way above budget. So, I am trying to eliminate some of the bigger costs which include ripping up the engineered hardwood in my home. I can do one of the 3 options:

1. Replace all flooring in main areas (living, utility, kitchen, foyer, hall, and nook) but WHAT COLOR and Material? I want a lighter floor ideally and i'm not sure how to pick something that will look good with my wood stairs. One of the pics in the collage has the sample that I like for reference (looks greyish tan)

2. I can pay to stain my stairs to match or at least coordinate with my new flooring (going to cost MUCH more)

3. I can keep the engineered hardwood and find something that will go well with it (any suggestions on what could match... see photos)

Ugh, this is so stressful and I have no idea what I am doing. What lighter color schemes would look okay? Or what flooring in general would pair best with my stairs and the engineered wood?

I don't want to regret what I get and ideally I'd like to stay around or even under 10K to save money for painting and furniture. To cut costs I'm also going to leave the master bedroom alone. I'll still replace all carpet in the home but that's only 3K. The massive cost is the lvp flooring materials 10K which was quoted at 8.5 per square foot and ripping up the floors 4555$ for both tile and engineered wood. The Wood was the bigger cost at 2900. If I skip out on 2 of the bathrooms the $1500 tile cost should be lower and the material cost should go down as well. I also am open to picking out a different flooring entirely and checking with the contractor to see if I can buy my own flooring...

Comments (14)