SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
travis_r9376625

Walk-in closet/master bath combo room? (small space)

Travis R
last year

Hey everyone - I'm working to reconfigure the layout of an existing small master closet/bathroom area in the home I just purchased. This house is a bit of a downsize (1670 sqft) from my previous house (3300 sqft), so I'm trying to make every ft count.

The current layout has two shallow perpendicular closets coming off the master bedroom, plus a small connected bathroom with a toilet/single sink/shower. Floorplan (red area) and photos:

My dilemma: satisfy the below goals in the current 12'9" x 9' combined closet/bath footprint.

Requirements:

Dual sinks w/ cabinets

Shower (36" x 48" should be fine)

Closet with significant amount of built in drawers on lower half, space on top half for hanging shirts/pants, and a small section for hanging taller items like dresses.

No door collision like the current shower door & bathroom door have (as seen in last photo above)

Nice to have:

Toilet to have its own privacy door (a 3'x4' enclosed room with a pocket door would be fine)

Some cubby space in closet for things like towels, medicine box, shoes, etc

Moonshot/hail mary goal:

Big tub (there's a second bathroom in the house where this can be satisfied, but never hurts to ask..)

The closet and shower/bathroom area don't necessarily require physical separation, unless y'all tell me they should.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)