SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
venexiano

Modern beautiful 6'-wide and 3'-wide windows.

venexiano
last year
last modified: last year

Hi,

I want to replace 5 windows of my house, 3 are 6' wide (see pic below, not the bush is removed and I have nicer short plants), and two (on the left side, you don't see them on the pic) are 3- wide. They are all 4' tall, which I guess is pretty standard size. I am in north Florida, whenever it is cold and not too humid and in non-summer months I like to open the windows to feel the breeze, so definitely I need an insect screen. I am European, so in my entire life I only saw windows that open toward the inside and sideways (like a French door but toward the inside), I guess here they are called pass-through. I love them, I have never seen them here, but I do understand that pass through windows need a lot of clearance on the inside, and my house is not really designed with that clearance (as you can see from the interspace between windows), so I need something else. I really hate the classical single-hung windows (and double hung is not much better), both from an aesthetical and functional standpoint. What would you suggest? I attach below also a picture of Anderson's options. Maybe sliding could be a good compromise? Or are Awning and Casement maybe the best options? But how do they handle a screen, internally? Not sure I will be here forever, so I wanna make sure it wouldn't look bad in the eye of an American buyer.

Comments (10)