SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Home video of Dragstrip 66 from 1996 in my house in Venice

Lars
last year
last modified: last year

I was finally able to convert a home DVD to MP4 (using a trial version of WinX DVD ripper), but the trial version only allows me to rip five minutes.

Anyway, this is a video that my brother Kevin took of me getting ready with my friend Michael to go to a Dragstrip 66 party. The theme for this party was "Wigs," but that could be interpreted loosely.

This is a somewhat silly video, and so it should not be taken seriously, but I thought it would be interesting to show what my house in Venice looked like in 1996. Once I buy a license for the full version of the ripper, I can finish ripping the whole video, which I think is 15 or 20 minutes long.

The video starts with Michael and me deciding on accessories, and it begins with me on the telephone with Helena, whom we will visit later and pick up with Carolyn - two friends who worked with me who wanted to go with us to the party.

Since it was a costume party, if you wear a costume, you get put at the front of the line to get in - otherwise, you get put at the back. Kevin got dressed up, but did not wear a wig, and so he got put at the end of the line.

You can notice from the video how messy my house was. This is more obvious in later parts of the video.

I replaced the five minute preview video with a 15 minute version. It's maybe a bit slower, but it has its moments, I think. You get to see my messy kitchen in the extended version.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH