SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yz00

30” or 36” blue star range? Is 36” too big for my space?

yz00
last year
last modified: last year

Hello, everyone,

I know this is a topic discussed multiple times already. Even though I read a lot of discussions, but I am still not sure what is the best for my space. I can really use any of advices, experiences, or insights from any of you! Thank you in advance!

I am trying to decide the size of the range. The only difference between two options I am considering is the size. I have 104” wall space for the range and cabinets. If I do 36”, is it too big for my space? The range in the following design is 36".

Our house is near the cheapest in a nice neighborhood. I feel 36” professional range may not be standard here. Even for more expensive houses in my area, not a lot of them have 36” profess professional range.

We have four people in our house now. It is going to be three in a year. 30” professional range is enough for our needs. But our previous kitchen had 36” commercial style range top before. I am not very comfortable to ga back to 30” even though I feel 36” is a little too big for me sometimes.

The benefits to have 30” are more cabinet storage space and more efficient oven.

What do you think?

Thank you for any inputs!

Comments (36)