last modified: 2 years ago

I've been playing Wördl, and here is my score for today:

Wördl 305 4/6 🔥1

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨

⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨

⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

wordle.at

I did not know this word at all in German, and I was still able to solve the puzzle.

[Here's what the word means:

• a mythological creature from Nordic folklore today typically associated with the winter solstice and the Christmas season. They are generally described as being short, having a long white beard, and wearing a conical or knit cap in gray, red or some other bright color.

It is really a Danish word instead of German.

Do you play Wordl in other languages? I've been thinking of trying Italian, and perhaps Spanish or French, but my vocabulary is much larger in German. I think I know enough Italian words to play it in Italian.

There's another one in German that has umlaut characters, but I don't know how to share scores. It also does not have one word per day, and so if someone else plays it, they will get a different word. Sometimes the words are very easy.

I've noticed that the letters offered in the Italian version include "J,K,W,X,Y" which are not included in the normal Italian alphabet and are only used with foreign (or borrowed) words. I think they should have left them out. This Italian version includes à, è, ò, ù, but not é, ì, which is rather strange.

I find that these games help me with my vocabulary, and they also stimulate my brain, which can get lazy.

Comments (40)