SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dana_lewis34

Split Level Update

Dana Lewis
2 years ago

We are planning to replace the windows and paint the exterior of our home. The windows we have now are bronze (almost black) but the previous owner painted the window frames the same color as the house. We are going back with bronze windows but we won't be painting the frames. The previous owner also painted all the trim the same color as the house. I like the neutral color we have now, it kinda feels cozy and cabin-ish to me, but I know it looks dated. I'm trying to decide what color to paint the house, trim, and shutters. I don't want to paint the brick. Should I paint the trim the same color as the house or a contrasting color? Should I replace the shutters with a more modern version or just do away with them completely? If I replace them, what color should I paint them? We will also be replacing the front door so we have to choose a color for it too. Any suggestions? It's very overwhelming for me because I have a hard time visualizing any change would look like, and I sure don't want to make a mess of it!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living