SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_912144592

Difiniti Onda Grigia or Cambria Sutherland Quartz. Please help!

Jeanne
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I’m working on a kitchen remodel and could use some help deciding on countertops. Two very different looks Onda Grigia and Sutherland quartz. Cabinets are Shiloh flat panel in polar white, repose gray walls, western hickory floor. I live in a colonial house and color palette gravitates towards blues, grays, and whites. Appliances are stainless steel. I have 4 kids 7 and under so I’m going with quartz for durability and ease of cleaning. My friend described my design style as traditional/transitional with bling. Thank you in advance for any and all help:)

Comments (16)

• eld6161
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The second photo seems whiter than the first.

I think they are not white enough.

We did Silestone Calacatta with our bright cabinets.

Jeanne thanked eld6161
  • Jeanne
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Eld6161 your kitchen is lovely. Cabibets are actually not bright white but a bit creamy in person. They are too creamy for many of the marble look quartz that I’ve gravitated towards. I havent looked at Silestone yet. Thanks for the inspo!

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Onda Grigia is whiter than Sutherland. it reads a very, very gray in person. i was trying to avoid matching the white. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• M Riz
    2 years ago

The following is only my opinion, so take it for what its worth. The quartz with the dramatic veining absolutely will put a timestamp on your kitchen, it will look dated much quicker than a countertop thats a bit plainer. A quartz with a more subtle vein is the way to go if you want a ”marble” look. If I had to choose, I would pick the first example, in fact I have something similar to that in my bath, very subtle light veining. If youre looking for the drama, consider a natural stone like quartzite. good luck w your kitchen.

Jeanne thanked M Riz
  • Jeanne
    Original Author
    2 years ago

M Riz, thank you for your input! I have thought about what will be timeless as well. I've looked at a lot of quartzite, but have not come across one that I like. May be worth looking again. Thank you!

• M Riz
    2 years ago

If your island is 120”, its going to need a seam. If you need a seam and you want it to blend, you’re going to need ”bookmatched slabs”. There are only a couple of quartz manufacturers that offer BM slabs, so depending on your expectations, you may need a natural stone.

Jeanne thanked M Riz
  • Jeanne
    Original Author
    2 years ago

M Riz all the slabs Ive seen are 120 inches or more. No seam 🙌🏻

• M Riz
    2 years ago

Sorry, its late lol i was thinking 12’. darn caffeine.

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    2 years ago

No worries!! I appreciate your help:)

• stravers12
    last year

Hi Jeanne, Your project is probably complete by now. I am curious as to what you chose for countertops. I love Cambria Sutherland! It seems like your cabinets are more white than off-white?? How does it look?

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    last year

We went with Sutherland. I love it:) Pics feom a few different stages of reno

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you:) Cabinets are defintely more off white

• Jen H
    11 months ago

Looks good! What brand/color is your sink?