SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pjdilollo

2nd Floor Layout and Bed/Bath Options - Current vs New

pjdilollo
2 years ago

Hello Houzz community,

I am in a little bit of a dilemma I am hoping to get some fresh eyes on before I spend money moving forward with an architect. I recently renovated this house in 2018 for two children but have since had one more and now have ONE MORE on the way... long story short, the kids are pushing us out.

Our current layout is shown in the top photo below, my thought is to expand over the ''roof below''. Wouldn't be too difficult to do with the help of an architect etc.

I'm really trying to figure out how I can preserve the bathrooms and turn this house into potential 4, if not 5 bedrooms if I go this route. See the bottom picture, what is whited out is generally easy to replace as its a few walls, sheetrock etc. I don't want to have to renovate the existing bathrooms as they're beautiful now and would be costly to replace.

Keep in mind the ''roof below'' elevation of the house has beautiful water views of the Long Island Sound so when I performed the original renovation I included water views for all bedrooms.

Again, just looking at below as a clean slate (less the existing bathrooms) and looking for new layout suggestions and a new objective opinion.

Thank you all for your help!

Comments (12)