SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
curls5eva

New to Kitchen Remodeling and Looking for Suggestions

Sarah Greene
7 months ago

Hi,

I've never done a major home remodel before but my kitchen is badly, badly in need of a remodel.

The kitchen is about 17' long and 11.5' wide.

I was working with a designer but they are now unavailable. The other people at that company seem to be really disorganized and now I'm hesitant to continue working with them without being sure she'll be around. The quote I got from them was $13390.36 for HomeCrest cabinets (Sedona painted, drawer front flat 5-piece, full overlay, all plywood construction unfinished, wood dovetailed drawer). I took the drawings I had been provided (did not receive exact measurements yet) to a different cabinet company and received the following quote: Medallion "silver" series all plywood construction, Lancaster door style (shaker) in a white paint finish with a decorative hood and liner/blower unit. Also includes all molding except no light rail (unnecessary), $17,919 delivered.

We plan to do all our own installation since we have friends who are knowledgeable in that area and can take the lead on that.

Right now I am pretty much in a state of confusion with all of the possible cabinet choices. I am now waiting on another designer to see what she comes up with, but she is booked several weeks out. I know that once I order the cabinets I will have to wait several weeks for delivery so am trying to determine if I should go with the original design and work with the Medallion cabinets.

What do you all think of the design? And Medallion cabinets? (The area that looks like a closet with the double doors actually contains our hot water heater--we don't have a basement and it would be too costly for us to relocate it so we have to live with it there.)

Thanks in advance.

Comments (39)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars46 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022