SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swahleithner

New Build Plumbing Question

Jeff Bezos
2 years ago

WA State.

Hello, here is the issue I’m having. New build home. When we moved in, in the upstairs master bathroom, the right side of the sink was not getting any hot water. After further inspection, the hot water wasn’t even reaching the hot water valve under the sink. Their solution was to just drill a hole in the cabinet and tap into the hot water line underneath the left sink to supply both the left sink, the right sink, AND the stand-alone bathtub with hot water. The builder doesn’t want to fix anything further. They say it’s up to code and would have to do major deconstruction to find out why no water is getting to the hot valve on the underneath the right sink.

I just need to know if this is up to code or if It’s completely wrong and I need to push the builder further to have this repair correctly.

First picture. Just a standard double vanity

Under the sink right side.

Under this sink, the Hot water valve is not operational. You can see it on the right. No line coming from it. No water even getting to this valve. You can see in this picture the hot water line coming in from the other side of the cabinet on the top right that supplies hot water to this sink

Right side underneath sink

Here it appears that cold water valve is on the far left. 2 lines coming from it. One to the sink faucet above and one heading to an anti scald blender valve that connects to the middle valve that supplies water to a stand alone bathtub.

Right valve is the hot water valve. The right hot water valve supplies a line that goes to that anti scald device and then goes to a T in the line that supplies the sink on the left with hot water through the cabinet. It then goes to another T valve that supplies hot water to the sink above as well as to a blender valve that supplies hot water to the stand alone bathtub.

The bathtub gets its hot water from under the sink. It gets its cold water from another source. With the blender valve, the hot water was only getting to 90 degrees. I don’t know if that blender valve was necessary.

Thank you. I hope I explained this correctly.

Comments (4)