SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drsaj

There's just so MUCH Wood!

drsaj
2 years ago

I'd like to brighten up and update our home office because there is just SO much wood. The enormous wooden bookcase, the wooden cabinets at the bar/sink area, and the wooden cabinets under and over the long counter with wood paneling on the wall; not to mention there used to be an engineered wood floor in here we recently had to replace due to termites. Plus there is a double wooden door entrance into the office and wood beams on the ceiling. I mean, this is a perpetual feeding place and wood heaven for termites! What I'm not showing is a bay window and double wood doors to the outside with... you guessed it, wooden blinds. I'm having both granite countertops replaced with Taj Mahal and am replacing the wooden blinds on the bay window with shutters painted to match the wall color. But what do I do with these raised panel cabinet doors and this bookcase? My thoughts were to have the doors switched out for an updated style, but do I have everything painted (like the rest of the cabinets in house) or maybe just the cabinets and not the bookcase? I was also thinking of having doors made for the bottom of the bookcase to hide stuff and not have it look so cluttered. I welcome all suggestions!

Comments (18)