SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmthalken

Lavender on the slope or in the planter boxes?

Good day All!
I have a slight dilemma with finishing some planting in the yard. The original plan was to plant more Cabernet grape vines in all of the planter boxes shown in the background, at the end of the DG path. The farthest boxes already have vines in them and the ones just in front of them are still empty.

I want to add some culinary English lavender. I started with the idea of filling in the cleared dirt slope area, just behind the river rock, with the lavender and then transition to a drought tolerant meadow look that would following the lines of a future bocce court.

However, now I am thinking of completing the empty planter boxes with the lavender and filling in the entire slope and front of bocce court are with the meadow look. The idea being that the lavender would add another terraced layer look and the slope and bocce court frontage would have a more continuous flow of plants.

We have other areas of the yard where we planted more Cabernet vines, but we did spend the money/time already for posts in the still vacant boxes to trellis the future vines.

I am now stuck on which way I want to proceed!! I don’t need a professional landscaper, I just need a few opinions on which option might look the most attractive and interesting, as the plants mature. Hope this all makes sense 😉

Thank you all!!
kt

Comments (3)