webuser_595680368

Khloe Kardashian's Pantry

Gizmo
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (100)

• bpath
    2 years ago

If she has OCD, I’m sure she doesn’t find the organization effortless! And probably neither do her staff.

• OllieJane
    2 years ago

She probably does it more effortlessly, when she has staff do it for her and to keep it that way.

I have no idea if she is clinically diagnosed (sheesh!)-her sisters just make fun of her for it, I was just making conversation, bpath. I didn't realize we were being all that serious about Khloe Kardashians pantry LOL

• Related Discussions

I Had A Cup Once, Now...Iced Coffee

Q

Comments (35)
    Sol warned "you should be swinging from your ceiling fans in no time". Thanks for the heads-up BUT no one warned me that I would speed and risk getting stopped by the sheriff! I usually drink my addiction as soon as I get up but this AM I was late and drank it before getting in the car to go to the gym. Thankfully it was the same sheriff from the turtle incident; he gave me a verbal warning. I guess he thought speeding wasn't as harmful as turtle relocation. Michael, I was hoping you would chime in as you are the coffee guru. I'm two months in and still experimenting using various suggestions you all have offered. I... like medium roast purchased a grinder prefer medium ground add a pinch of salt to the batch add sweetener and flavoring to the batch so I don't have to bother with that every morning just add the creamer don't like Fresh Market coffees accidentally bought a pound of decaf and notice the difference but didn't know what the problem was until my batch was used up and I went back to the bag to use the remainder of the pound and saw that it was decaffeinated bought 2 pounds online from CoffeeAM; haven't tried it yet but the company seems to offer many options I am definitely hooked which is scary 'cause what if this was something harmfully addictive?
    ...See More

Does this surprise anyone???

Q

Comments (18)
    I am not surprised. They have been married for 72 days...the wedding cost more than $10 million; the ring cost $2 million. I think this is a case of more money than brains. She cites "irreconcilable differences". They haven't been married long enough to try to reconcile anything, IMO. I wonder if she's even had time to write thank-you notes for the gifts, and will she now return them? I have never been a fan of the Kardashians, and this proves my assessment of them was right-on.
    ...See More

Celebrity Apprentice 2

Q

Comments (5)
    Andrew Dice and some of the others should be interesting but I'm not sure Brian McKnight has what it takes. Jodi-
    ...See More

Do you curl/roll your hair? How do I get this look?

Q

Comments (37)
    I admire you all who can do the Instyler. I would make a huge, tangled mess if I did it. lol. However, I found this video earlier today and I finally figured out how to do the waves the easy way. This is a short video showing three different types of curls. The last one is what I'm going to do. Easy Peasy curls All I need is a thinner curling iron and use smaller pieces of hair. I've always done a twist (wave) on each side of my face anyway, but it made bigger curls that fell out sooner. I noticed it's also how you take the hair off the iron.
    ...See More
  • bpath
    2 years ago

Sorry, I thought you were being serious! I haven’t watched the Ks and have no idea if she is or not. But yes, I imagine she has firm ideas of how she wants things to look. I wonder if anyone ever moves things out of place, or slips a Hydrox into the Oreo jar? or, gasp, cappellini in with the spaghetti?

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

I avoid anything Kardashian, ugh! But regardless, that pantry looks so staged and impractical, although such a spacious one would be great. My own is just a pantry cab with pull-out shelves. BUT, I did recently used a birthday gift card and ordered this set from Amazon and it just arrived yesterday afternoon! I can’t wait to use them!!!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Lynn, those are nice! I have a couple that are similar, and some Tupperware. The tall ones, I put in the entire package of spaghetti, linguini, fettucine, all those long pastas. I mean, the box or cellophane wrapper and all. They help keep them organized, fresh, and with the instructions (and brand) visible. I can put three packages of a different pastas in one container.

Bunny, hahahaha!

Okay, time to ’fess up. Anybody else nuts enough to share their UNEDITED pantry photos? I will. This is my 25”-wide pantry. We no longer have kids at home so the contents and organization have both, well, diminished. When it was fuller, organization was much more important.

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

Unedited, taken just a minute ago. Ugh!

• Tammy Botham
    2 years ago

That's ridiculous, of course.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

Lynn, is that a can of Bush’s Butter Beans? You are my soul sister! I always keep them stocked, but I’m the only one who eats them. It’s my lunch often, I heat a can up with various seasonings and Mmmm. :)

• barncatz
    2 years ago

Those are adorable food storage jars, @Bunny! I have a similar jar. Mine is expandable and the amount of food it holds is amazing!!

Here is my pantry. Just realized that second shelf is almost entirely dog treats and I have a wad of various clean socks above it, that my dog has learned she can trade for said treats!

• Bunny
    2 years ago

@barncatz, plus they're self-cleaning!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Bunny, are those pickle jars with your flour in them? I have several, from the restaurant in the hotel I once worked at. They were great for storage, but later i found the glass too heavy, and required two hands to use, which I didn’t have once I had babies around, so I switched to skinny Tupperware. Now I use them for clothespins and dryer balls in the laundry.

• lynartist
    2 years ago

😂food is kind scattered throughout my kitchen 🤦‍♀️

• aziline
    2 years ago

Here's my walk-in pantry. The only items that goes into different containers is cereal and then flour since I buy it in 50 lb bags.

• palimpsest
    2 years ago

My temporary pantry on casters during a protracted kitchen renovation.

• pudgeder
    2 years ago

Doesn't seem to matter how organized my pantry is, my husband STILL can't find anything.

• Bunny
    2 years ago

pal, I love the idea of a mobile pantry!

bpath, indeed they are. I worked in a restaurant in 1973/74 and there were plenty of these jars for the taking. I think they might have originally contained olives. One has AP flour, the other white sugar, and the third WW flour. They've been in continuous use for close to 50 years, not sure I've ever taken one offline to wash.

ETA: Some of them had maraschino cherries for the bar.

• Kswl
    2 years ago

Years ago some kind GWers helped me figure out a good configuration for my pantry redo. We took out all the wire shelving and installed ikea units, hooks, a counter and a wall system for hanging utensils and baskets. The space was very oddly shaped— it was about 80 square feet between the original house and where a wing was added on at a pivot. The wing was also two stories which gave us an identical space downstairs that became a wine cellar.

I don’t think I’ve ever shared pictures of that project.

Great storage and bright. I cant find a picture but we replaced the fluorescent lighting with a hanging galvanized steel farmhouse fixture.

• Bunny
    2 years ago

Kswl, what a wonderful space! What are those little bottles lined up between the food processor and toaster?

• Kaya
    2 years ago

Keepin' it real ...

• Kswl
    2 years ago

Bunny, those are extracts— cherry, blueberry, lime, orange orange, coconut, strawberry, apple and a few others. I use them in the selzer water I make. It allows me to have flavored water that isn’t at all sweet.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Here's my L.A. pantry:

I store the food I use most often in an upper cabinet plus some shelves over a countertop and in a rolling cabinet that I bought at IKEA to hold my very large meat slicer. I also store a lot of food in the cabinets that are above the washer and dryer.

My kitchen in L.A. is quite a bit larger than the one in Cathedral City and has more than twice as much cabinet storage, I think.

I thought I had the smallest pantries, but I see that others also have tiny pantries.

• lakeaffect_gw
    2 years ago

Here’s mine, in all its unstaged glory. But on the plus side, it’s not a soulless space full of processed foodstuffs.

• PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

@Kaya, will take your pantry (with live cat food guard) over KK's anytime.

Great photo!

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

In Khloe's pantry, I like the idea of using the bins for cans. I can only dream about a real pantry. I have one two small upper cupboards.

• Honu3421
    2 years ago

I had to find out why this post keeps popping up and what was so interesting about Kk’s pantry. Then I see we are posting our own pantry pics! Here are mine:

Laundry room pantry (looking at you, Lars)

Kitchen pantry. Open packages and cat shelf

Baking drawer

• Jilly
    2 years ago

gsciencechick, come sit by me. Two upper cabinets here, too. I live like I did in Europe and shop just about every other day. :D

A picture would show a few cans of Amy’s soups (Lentil and Black Bean), a couple of cans of butter beans and Ranch Style Beans (TM), several jars of pickled okra (they go in the fridge after opening), pasta, tortilla chip bags, lots of olive oil, and flour/sugar/cornmeal bags.

Kitty food is in the utility room cabinets. Spices are in a drawer.

I miss my walk-in pantry! And being able to stock up! But I don’t envy the Kardashian pantry at all — in fact it would overwhelm me, hired help or not. The older I get, the more I want less stored things.

• porkandham
    2 years ago

My pantry is technically a walk-in, but just barely. It’s about the size of a phone booth. Remember those?!

• Kswl
    2 years ago

Pork and ham your pantry is beautifully organized!

• blubird
    2 years ago

My lower pantry

My upper pantry

my dog's pantry

• Jilly
    2 years ago

@Allison0704 and others affected … I’m not only taking decor from all of you, but also pantry contents.

• PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

Pantry = 1 upper cabinet (albeit tall to counter) & 3 drawers.

• Mrs Pete
    2 years ago

But like everyone I’ve been aware of their excesses through pop culture

That's their real claim to fame: Their excesses. That's not a compliment.

Specific thoughts on this pantry:

- I have that many cake stands than that, but I make wedding cakes, so I use them. Unlike hers, mine aren't all alike.

- With all those cake stands, can anyone spot any cake baking materials?

- I can see having a variety of pasta -- and, living in the South, I like decanting my pastas, etc. into glass jars to keep our bugs. But WHY would anyone need three jars of spaghetti?

- I don't have any trouble remembering how long to cook the basics I keep in my pantry.

- The stacked cookies are beyond stupid. How does anyone even come up with that idea?

- Is it okay to store cans on their side like this? I really don't know.

- No trash bags? No paper towels? Nothing ugly.

- I buy some specific no sugar /low carb items that aren't always available, so I do often have 3-4 bottles of the same product. BUT since 100% of her containers are exactly full, this is clearly staged.

I am more impressed by Kim's walk-in fridge than I am by Khloe's pantry.

I clicked on her walk-in fridge, and it's full of vegetables, but -- just like Khloe's pantry -- every single thing is exactly full and perfectly staged. Clearly not an everyday picture.

Clicking on the fridge prompted me to click on their mom's dish pantry. Same thing with dishes instead of food.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I visited family in Denmark, they lived on a kind of farm. There was a ”cold room” where they kept the butter, vegetables, preserved meats, some jarred things. Khloe’s walk-in fridge reminds me of that.

• Illie
    2 years ago

I have seen Khloe Kardashians young daughter on social media cooking and showing her hygene items and I have always been surprised at the normal everyday items and brands she uses.

• mainenell
    2 years ago

When we moved into this house 6 months ago it took some finagling to get things sorted. The kitchen does not lend itself to logical organization. But have settled into this. I made the best spice cabinet I’ve ever had out of the top part of my 12” deep 84 high cabinet. And 5 rollouts in the pantry, not 4, from a variety of sources.

• 3katz4me
    2 years ago

That is bizarre…

• pudgeder
    2 years ago

After seeing these, I'm now trying to figure out how to put pull out shelves in my pantry.

Hubs will not be pleased. LOL

• barncatz
    2 years ago

@blubird, laughed out loud at your dog's pantry. As @Jilly posted to her pantry soulmate, you and I need to sit together, surrounded by our busybone packs.

@pudgeder, I've also been thinking about rollout shelves. We'd lose some width but I'm thinking it would still be smart storage because our pantry cabinets weren't meant as such and create the dreaded lost food items in the back wilderness area.

Next, we'll be showing our cake stands. I have two, after giving the one from her wedding to DD.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

I'm not at either home, so have no pics to share. But I don't really store much food. I have 2 upper cabs in my breakfast room where I keep dry goods, but my walk-in pantry is mostly appliances and such, plus lots of vases etc. My fave part of it is my swinging door. : )

• mainenell
    2 years ago

Rollouts make a pantry cabinet a great space! At my last place. I had an 18” wide x 24” deep pantry that lots of stuff got lost in at the back. I never got around to adding rollouts to it. As you can see from my photo mine don’t match as I was able to source form a variety of other locations/projects. As a note, if you get one that you mount to a shelf be sure to know how you you are going to keep the back from tipping up when you pull the rollout out. It can be a … surprise … to have the stuff in the rollout falling on your feet.

• PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

Prevented "dreaded lost food items in the back wilderness area," by using upper cabinet to counter on top of drawer base cabinet. Also less expensive than pantry cabinet.

While planning kitchen, looked into friends pantry cabinets and saw massively large, disorganized wasted spaces. Even those with roll-out shelves; why open a door to roll out a shelf (when you can get a drawer that is wider than the shelf)???

• PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5874997/small-tight-u-shape-kitchen-layout-not-many-choices-got-any-ideas

from Buehl
    "About pantries...several years ago, there was a lot of discussion about pantries, with an emphasis on shelf depth. The consensus was that 12" is the "sweet spot" for shelf depth.

12" is deep enough to hold all food (cereal boxes, 2 or 3 deep cans, etc.), pantry storage containers (e.g., Tupperware), and the vast majority of small appliances (KA stand mixers, blenders, breadmakers, etc.).

12" is not so deep that things get lost in the "depths". Even 18" is too deep -- I had that in my old Kitchen and things got lost all the time! Plus you end up putting things in the front that are unrelated to those behind them.

The most efficient pantry storage is one that
    1. Allows you to see everything in it with one look
    2. Doesn't "let" you stack unrelated things deep (e.g., cans of peaches in front of cans of green beans or pantry storage containers holding different things, ...)
    3. Utilizes the entire space floor-to-ceiling, or as close to that as possible

Pantry Types:

24" deep pantry cabinets don't meet any of the three above, made even worse when over 18" wide. Even if they have doodads that swing/pull out (and are generally expensive), storage is limited b/c of the need to accommodate the hardware and other parts to the swing out.

18" wide x 24" deep pullout pantry cabinets meet #1 & 2. BUT, they have to be pullout pantries, not shelves unattached to the door or roll out tray shelves (ROTS) (which don't work above waist level or so anyway). They work only because you can see everything when you pull the door open fully by looking at both sides. If you had to move things around, they wouldn't work.

15" deep pantry cabinets meet #1 & 2 and have the added advantage that you can look without moving things around. The 15" depth includes the back wall, so the shelves are really only 14" or so deep. (In non-IKEA framed cabinets, both the back wall and the face frame are included in the 15" depth, so shelves are 13" deep or so.)

Built-in pantries, whether reach-in, step-in, or walk-in, are the most efficient and meet all three above."
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/2578612/anyone-do-a-12-depth-pantry-cabinet

• Alice Edwards
    2 years ago

Ok, i’ll contribute! My pantry is two upper cabinets on left for bagged snacks middle cabinets are my dishes and right two are our syrups, condiments etc. my canned (not much, are under ) where it’s hard to see and see, now i’v got to change that and our bird seed. I guess i need to figure out a good “real pantry now” lol. My grandmother loves to tell the story how she kept her canned goods down in a lower cabinet and i would play in there when i was little, one day i had taken all the labels off the cans! 😳

• Pam
    2 years ago

@mainenell did your pantry pass inspection? I too have a pantry inspector that regularly insists on inspecting my cupboards, pantry and closets.

• mainenell
    2 years ago

@Pam - this one boring. He walked away quickly. But the bottom of the spice cabinet is where his food goes. My brought home a new bag of cat food and did not dump it into container. Just put it on the shelf. So that cupboard passed inspection that night.

• Lynn
    2 years ago

I love the lighting she has, but agree that is quite an excess amount of certain items. I do like the can storage. I've found there are a few canned veggies and beans I consistently keep on hand that would benefit from storage like that. But there are better ways to store them to make sure it's first in and first out.

Here's one of my pantries. I have another on the right side for canned items, condiments, water, and some breads and chips. I'm trying to move past a lot of processed foods when I can. Sorry for the bad coloring, the picture originally looked faded so it got a filter, lol.

• artemis_ma
    2 years ago

I'm thinking Khloe's pantry must have a second pantry. Just so all the pasta and cookie jars can be brought up to full when anything is removed from any given jar.

• btydrvn
    last year

I love my pantry…because i like everything in view..no doors…this one is beautiful…but i would love to see more…for instance where is the entry?…is there more storage on an opposite wall? how does it connect to the kitchen?..as to the Kardashians ..i choose to admire and respect their accomplishments as very independent women who have to endure endless criticism …give up any privacy…make painful changes on a physical level….for the path they have chosen..for fame? money?…well …there is that🤷🏼‍♀️

• kculbers
    last year

First picture: my coffee bar “pantry”; 2nd picture: my cereal “pantry”; 3rd picture: my canned goods “pantry”; 4th picture was supposed to be hubby’s motorcycle storage shelving (he has Moto Guzzi and Triumph motorcycles), but, I took over half of the shelves for my stockpiling of paper goods and kitchen pantry items. Wow, some Houzzers posted some lovely pantries!!!