SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_426144764

Workstation sink for food prep

HU-426144764
2 years ago

I have read many of the discussions, recent and older, about every brand of workstation sink. The more I read, the more confused I get. I want a 48" workstation sink. I have looked either online or in person at everything from a Ruvati, Kohler, Julien, Create Good Sinks to Galley, Rachiele and Metal Havens. Each one has pros and cons. So here are my questions:

1. I know all stainless scratches, but the more expensive ones use 316L grade which is supposedly better - can anyone with one of the really expensive ones comment on whether they really hold up better or in the end they all scratch?

2. My husband is doing the food prep including cutting the vegetables and he is talI. So he wants the cutting board to sit on top of the sink opening, above the counter, so he doesn't accidentally cut the counter. Galley seems to make a cutting board that would work (their sink front to back is 18" so they make a board 19") but it costs extra on top of the base price (that includes a cutting board to fit on ledge but is lower than countertop). Is that the only choice?

3. Whichever sink people got, if you do a negative (or is positive) reveal so you can use the top edges of sink as one of the ledges, do you have any issues after a few years of water wearing away at the silicone and seeping back into the cabinet underneath?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help

Comments (6)