SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
asoros

Help! Loba finish on red oak and maple floors

Anna Sample
2 years ago

Hoping for some advice. Moving into a new home this spring, and would like to have the floors refinished before we move in. Think they are red oak.

We know we want a water-based finish - and want a raw or natural look, like the look of white oak.

Most of the local refinishers are booked until the fall, and those that are available either prefer Loba or don't use Bona. So, we're leaning toward Loba Supra 2K AT. Because the floors look so yellow (they look that way in person too), wonder if we should use something like a UV Protect? Should we also consider a stain?

One of the bedrooms seems to have a different floor type (last photo). Anything we should consider to make these blend as best as possible?

Here are some photos from the real estate listing. None of these furnishing or paint choices are ours.

Eventually, we'll update. For now, the priority is the floors, since they are in such bad shape.

I must confess that I've read a great number of flooring responses @SJMcCarthy and @G&SFloorService - to the point where my head is spinning!! ;)

Comments (11)