SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klcnm

Jacuzzi tub faucet dilemma, nothing but bad ideas?

klcnm
2 years ago

I am hoping someone can help us figure this out. Apparently, the builder is going to be looking at it Monday so we will see what he comes up with. We are having problems as to placement of the

roman tub handles and shower sprayer. I chose the following tub: Jacuzzi 72" x 42" Bellavista Drop In Luxury Pure Air® Bathtub with Luxury Controls, Chromatherapy, Center Drain and Right Blower

Model:BEL7242ACR4CXW. I also picked the following faucet: Moen Deck Mounted Roman Tub Filler Trim with Personal Hand Shower and Built-In Diverter from the Brantford Collection (Less Valve)

Model:T924ORB.

I think the builder wants to put the faucet handles directly under the window for a tub mounting, that in itself is a nightmare location. I don't think the faucet would fit tub mounted on the corners either. He says the Moen faucet won't reach far enough into the tub if deck mounted, though there isn't enough deck to currently mount it there. FYI, he wants to put the access panel on the short end and access it through the cabinet that is supposed to butt up against the tub. The areas where the tubs touches wall is all concrete block wall to the outside. Obviously, the tile has been laid (if that matters).

IMHO, I believe the surround for this tub was built too small and he is going to have to add on to it or do it over. I'm not sure if I need to pick a new Moen set as well. I will refrain from mud-throwing at this point because I just want it to be done correctly and look attractive. Any advice or suggestion is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (31)