SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chelsea_ratliff19

Help! Oak Kitchen Update While Keeping Existing Cabinets

C Ratliff
2 years ago

We are in the process of updating the majority of our house and due to other priorities, don't have the budget for a full kitchen remodel. Our living room was previously a 2000s golden Tuscan paint color and is now SW Modern Gray (which transitions nicely between gray and beige, depending on the light) and will be accented with blue (rug, art, pillows). The house is generally open concept so the living room transitions into our kitchen and now I'm worried the kitchen looks completely out of place. We are trying to still keep the living room warm, but it won't be as warm as the kitchen currently is.

Any ideas or recommendations on how to help modernize a kitchen with oak cabinets (and TBH, I'm not positive they are oak?)? We don't really want to touch the cabinets or the floor, but would update the countertops, backsplash and paint. (We'd also switch to all stainless steel appliances.) I was thinking SW Accessible Beige for the paint color. (Current kitchen paint color is SW Utaupeia.) Best countertop and backsplash inspirations would be greatly appreciated!

Photos of the existing kitchen (and cabinets/floor) for reference.

I kind of like this look - think this would work with our existing cabinets and flow with the living room?

Rustic Reclaimed Chestnut · More Info

Photos of the living room next to the kitchen for reference. This photo looks a little more gray, but it can err on the beige side in the natural light.

TIA!

Comments (14)