SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karoliberty

Shrubs with five-lobed hand shaped leaves

Hello shrubs community! I hope this is an interesting question.

What are widely available or otherwise interesting shrubs that have deeply lobed leaves? I am thinking of in my limited knowledge, Vitex agnes-castus and Acer palmatum / palmatum var. dissectum and maybe like Hydrangea quercifolia.

I guess another way of asking that makes sense to me is, what are the usual deciduous shrubs / small trees that don't have the leaf shape of beautyberry, forsythia, and viburnum? Or weigela and spirea. Hand shaped leaved shrubs. What foliage do you grow or know about that is interesting not because its blue or yellow or red or variegated but shaped uniquely from the shape I call "leaf shaped" ?

Also please let me know if there are some concepts related to this question that I could look up to answer this question, maybe there is a specific epithet for Hand shaped Leaves HANDIFOLIA, or a design concept of repeating the same leaf shape across plant families that I could be looking up.

I grow in a 50' city lot with neighbors in Oklahoma heat zone 8 and cold zone 7, generally frost free April through October and down to 5'F. But I am interested broadly in shrubs that have lobed leaves, thank you for your time.

Comments (6)