SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevesdigits

What are You Starting?

This is right about the time when I start the onions.

We had a 40° afternoon yesterday - the Weather Service said that it was the first in 3 weeks that warm. Gee, I thought that our coldest weather was about 3 weeks ago but I must have missed noting an afternoon or two of warmth. Anyway, it was very, very foggy this morning but the sun has been shining. Unfortunately, the potting soil in the carport only has morning sun - whatever day THAT might have been. If the top bag of soil has thawed, I'll open it up and pour some in a flat.

Into the greenhouse that flat will go! Fresh onion seed is at hand. I have some that is 2 years old also but that's always worked for me ... hoping. I have some that is 4 years old. I both sprinkled some in a potted plant and put some in a sandwich bag in a wet, paper towel. Neither, produced a single seedling! When they say that onion seed doesn't have a long life, better believe it.

Off I go to check out that bag ... may have to drag it into the unheated greenhouse to thaw but IT'S TIME! Peppers and Pansies starting in the house, soon. What are you starting for your 2022 garden?

Steve

Comments (48)