SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

Floorplan/layout help?

robo (z6a)
2 years ago

Hello! Within the next year I will be renovating the upstairs main bathroom.

Currently it's 8x5 with a 60" vanity along the right hand wall. I HATE how the door opens into the toilet - it makes everything feel squashed and horrible.

Current situation (bathroom in middle at top)

I'm looking to create a "vanilla" bathroom with a combo tub/shower and a decent amount of storage (function over form). I would REALLY like to keep a linen closet - very customary in my market and this is a four bedroom house.

Your thoughts?

Idea 1

Move vanity to back wall (downsize from 60" to 42)."

Push shallow shelving into the linen closet.

Creates a conflict with the window - might be able to move window or just do a small mirror.

Idea 2

Downsize linen closet from 36" x 60" to 30" x 18". Add 48" vanity. Install open shelving into the remaining 30"x 38" void behind the closet..

Idea 3

Install a short vanity (36" or so) behind the linen closet with a full width recessed medicine cabinet.

Bonus of no window conflict and some extra wall space but doesn't seem very efficient.

Idea 4

expand the bathroom right into the linen closet - would be 11.5 feet long - lots of space. Could add vertical storage tower. But where to put the linen? The charcoal square is a chimney - otherwise would be a cinch to relocate there.

Open shelving ideas (but can't find many where it runs perpendicular to vanity)

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH