SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_839790504

Flush mounted indoor/outdoor fireplace Recommendations Needed

2 years ago

I would love your advice on how to finish this fireplace. It's set up to be flush with the wall on the interior and protrude on the outdoor deck side. The interior is where I need help. Walls are Sherman Williams French gray with white trim. Floors are 8" wide white oak, shown unfinished but will be sanded and a clear matte finish added. It is picture framed to have tile or something on the floor.

The fireplace is a non-venting gas model twilight II Indoor/Outdoor (all black). The drywall cutout in my photos is about 2/3 of actual height. I think it will need to be cut out another 12-24 inches above what is shown.

There is a recessed box for TV above the fireplace. I have read some topics on this but this living room only has one usable wall for a TV. I bought a TV mount that pulls out and down so someone watching TV would not be looking way up (I hate that). I may be open to something else if in the grand scheme it works better.

The wall is approximately 20' Height. The room itself is not huge about 22'x16'

Should I do ledgestone, tile, something else?

All the way up or just mantle height?

Stone mantle, no mantle, wood mantle?

Threshold?

Any comments are welcome. General ideas or specific products are much appreciated. I did my normal picture searches on houzz and couldn't find many flush fireplace examples like this that went all the way up the wall.

Comment