SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jas3150

HELP! Brand new Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets don’t match each other

jas3150
2 years ago

We have a color issue with our brand new Kraftmaid kitchen. Nothing matches. We started our Kitchen remodel in March 2021. Our cabinets were installed July 2021. We ordered cabinets, toe kick, and crown. We ordered Lyndale in warm white. We also ordered light rails at a later date. At the end of July I complained to my kitchen designer that the refrigerator panels seemed to be a different color than the cabinet faces and seem to be made incorrectly. You can see dark through the pant and streaks. She told me it’s just the lighting in the kitchen making it look a different shade but agreed the panels didn’t seem right. She suggested a painter come touch them up. The longer we lived with it the more issues we found.The toe kick is a lighter shade than the cabinet face is a different shade than the crown. Not one single component seems to be the same color. When my ceiling/painter was out to work on the ceilings he noticed the crown had peeled in places. He said that is not normal and it doesn’t seem like it was made correctly. We have also found that we have chipped the paint on the cabinets in places. Is this normal? How will it hold up in 2 years or 10 years? When the installer came to install the light rail at the end of November he asked us where we would like the positioning of it. As my husband and I held it up we noticed it is also a different shade than the cabinets. Enough was enough. I called the owner of the cabinet design store and voiced our issue. We decided not to have the light rail installed and instead had the installer bring back to the designer/owner a cabinet door, toe kick, crown and the light rail. They compared them and agreed that none of them match. The owner suggested that we discuss it with the Kraftmaid rep that happen to be coming to the store in the next couple days and he was going to show her the components. She came out to our house to see in person. She said she can immediately see a difference in color between the crown and the toe kick and the cabinets. She suggested we order brand new refrigerator panels and one piece of toe kick to see if it will be a different shade. She also ordered some door replacements that had defects. She suggested that we paint in place the crown molding and that she is confident with the professional painter. My problem with this is what shade of warm white are they going to pick to match? Or are they going to get paint directly from the factory and which shade is that going to be? Also, how will this hold up. My impression is that factory finished is always better. My designer said she found a few samples in store of warm white and comparing them to my pieces none of them match. Some are close but none of them match not even the in store samples. What should I do? What should I accept as a solution? I’m attaching photos but it might not be easy to see. Should I contact Kraftmaid directly for other ideas. The rep that was at my house said we have a warranty and if we are not completely satisfied we can try to do something else. I just want my house back in order.

Comments (7)