SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

In floor radiant hot water heat - questions

numbersjunkie
2 years ago

I posted another thread about adding this in a bathroom, but it could be something that would be worthwhile to consider for other rooms as well, since a lot of flooring is going to be replaced anyway. The house (recently purchased) has what is supposed to be a great oil boiler - almost new, high end, and there are currently 5 zones.
One area is a media room located above a double garage - tied into the main home by a narrow wing, so mostly open on all sides. Windows on front and back walls. The baseboard on one wall seems adequate to heat the space, so far.
I found a place that sells the subfloor panels that have grooves for the pex water lines, and got an estimate for the sq ft needed ($4k). Not sure what other materials are needed or how much it would cost labor wise to convert the existing baseboard connection to this system. I guess pex line will cost something, but will a separate manifold be needed too? The space is already on its own zone.
Just trying to get a rough idea of cost to know if this is worth pursuing. Worchester MA area if that matters.
Would greatly appreciate any information or suggestions!

Comments (2)