SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_680312217

Is LVT next to hardwood really so bad?

Meredith K
2 years ago

I know there’s a million threads on this, but I’ve been searching for a new kitchen floor for about 6 mo and can’t find anything I like. I don’t like tile (it’s what I have now and I don’t like standing on it). The only LVT I like is a fabric look, and it’s impossible for me to find what i want (it’s either discontinued or not sold on the east coast, etc). I cannot put hardwood floors down or engineered hardwood b/c they both are too thick and it would affect my kitchen cabinets. There’s a 1/2” thick subfloor down and then tile. The previous owners bumped out and renovated the kitchen and put down tile. I’m stuck with the floor thickness the way it is. I also probably cannot afford hardwood in my 360 sq foot kitchen.

Anyway, can I use wood looking LVT that a darker shade and with wider planks than the wood it borders? The tile that’s there extends to the hall and front door, so when you walk in you would be walking on wood LVT that’s right next to the hardwood living room.

I’m including pics of the LVT I’m considering and also my cabinet lowers so you see what I mean.

Comments (14)