SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Layering Window Treatments

Funkyart
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Have you seen cafe curtains paired with panels? We've all seen blinds/shades with curtain panels-- bamboo or fabric-- but what about cafe curtains with panels? I need privacy at the bottom of the windows on at least one side and I appreciate the light and view that comes through the top so cafe curtains work perfectly-- but they look "undone".

Background: This all came up because I am in the process of updating my LR window treatments-- and as scope creep happens, I started to also reconsider my breakfast room which is visible from LR. I'd like to coordinate the panels in the two rooms using different patterns but the same/similar color (indigo). Of course, the problem is that I still need the cafe curtains for privacy.

Note: Shutters would be perfect except that I don't want to make that investment now because I expect to replace the windows and the trim in the next few years-- and possible replace one bank of windows with french doors to the outside.

Will it look dumb to keep cafe curtains with panels? I did search google images but didn't find any examples pairing the two. What do you think? Have you done it/seen it?

Comments (28)