SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolbrandywine

REALLY? Fridge install

Kendrah
2 years ago

After waiting 9 months, our subzero fridge it arrived at the applicance store. We live in an apartment building. My contractor said the applicance store will deliver it in two pieces to fit in the elevator:

Day 1 - Two parts delivered by store

Day 2 - Compressor reattached to fridge by store

Day 3 - I'm arranging for my cabinet maker to come and install the custom panels and handles.

My contractor just informed me that the fridge needs to be adjusted and connected (water and ice too) and that it will take two workers and that this was not included in his original quote and he'd have to send me a separate quote for this work.

With previous subzero install, the delivery people from the store did the install. I assumed the same was true here. I have no idea who my contractor thought would be doing this and why he didn't arrange for this or quote me in the first place. I'm peeved because I don't want to be without a fridge for multiple days, nor do I want this many people with omicron in NYC shuffling in and out of my apartment.

Who normally does the set up and installation of a fridge? Is that something that you've had to pay your contractor extra for? Could it void my any warrantees if they are not certified installers?

Comments (23)