SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrstravelingonpoints

Door levers - mix satin brass and polished chrome finishes?

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

The interior door lever style I like is the Schlage Accent Lever with Camelot decorative trim. All interior doors (original and new) are 2 panel shaker. Would it look odd to have satin brass door levers on the main floor and basement, and either polished chrome or satin nickel on the 2nd floor? Would it be better for all floors to have satin brass door levers? I don't like Schlage's aged brass or polished brass finishes.

Our home was originally build in the 1940s. Style is English cottage. We are renovating but keeping much of the original home intact except we gut the kitchen. We also have a large 2-story addition (adding 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living / dining room, rec room, etc).

The main floor has brass lights and hardware: windows, exterior doors, kitchen cabinets, kitchen and bath faucets, etc. I'd like to use satin brass door levers on this floor and the basement.

Upstairs, we only kept 2 original windows whose hardware was painted white. To match, we used white hardware on the new upstairs windows. Two of the bathrooms have polished chrome plumbing fixtures, hardware, accessories and lights. The master bathroom has honey bronze (Top Knobs) cabinet hardware, polished nickel plumbing fixtures and accessories, and lights that coordinate with both finishes. I'd like to use polished chrome door levers on this floor. Also open to satin nickel but don't think it looks as special as polished chrome. But would the polished finish clash with the satin brass finish?

Comments (4)