SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debi_lane69

Tone down screaming orange accent wall

Debi L.
2 years ago

I'd like to tone down my big coral accent wall by repainting it and replacing the dark brown window sheers.

I originally thought of going with a sage green, and I also consulted a designer who suggested a teal (SW Drizzle), knowing that I adore teal and have teal accents that I want to keep. However, I also have a prominent red sofa and chair that I need to keep, and fear that switching the wall to teal (or to sage or anything outside the red/orange scheme) would result in the red sofa and chair standing out too much. So now I'm toying with the idea of repainting using a softer coral. Thoughts? Specific color suggestions? Is my current 60:30:10 (which is more like 60:30:10:10:10...) a total mess?

I'd also like opinions on whether to return the teal bench, which is brand new. I thought its lines worked well with my pencil reed sofa's lines, although it does introduce an awfully large new block of teal. I covered part it with a throw to try to break it up AND help protect it from my cat, who destroyed a brown leather bench that previously occupied the same position.

Pics follow...any and all suggestions would be welcomed.

Looking from the kitchen, across the breakfast bar and dining area:

Overall LR area:

Left side of LR area:

Right side of LR area

BTW, for anyone who commented on my kitchen updates (covered in an older discussion), I'll resume that project after I figure out my LR. The only thing I did for the kitchen project so far was get new barstools that I stumbled on Craigslist, and which happened to be CORAL, yikes! At least they were cheap and are very comfortable, unlike the old wrought iron stools!

Comments (164)