SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westes

Fixture to Help Install a 24 Inch Cooktop to a 30 Inch Cutout?

westes Zone 9b California SF Bay
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have an existing 30-inch electrical radiant cooktop that I want to replace with induction. There is a 24-inch cooktop I am evaluating, where if I installed it I would need to fill in about three inches on either side of the new cooktop. Does anyone make a standard fixture that I could easily fit into the existing cutout sides and then support the new unit with brackets underneath it all? Maybe someone makes a laminated board for this specific application that could be installed to the existing cutout, and then the installer could cut into the surface of the laminated board to install the new cooktops? What is the most cost-effective way to solve this problem and end up with some additional usable space that is not an eyesore?

The new cooktop costs under $300. I don't want to save on the cooktop and then create a $1000 custom cabinetry job in the process. The attached photo shows the existing 30-inch cooktop that I am trying to replace. I do not need to match the existing tile. I need to create something that will complement the existing aesthetic in a way that is not offensive. The new cooktop would be black glass. Something like a black or greyish border around the cooktop would probably work.

Comments (31)