SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aawillo

Woven blinds vs Curtains?

aawillo
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi All,

We moved into our newly built house about a year and a half ago. We still have no window treatments because I'm too afraid to pick them! I was also in shock when a designer picked Hunter-Douglas woven shades for about 2/3 of the windows and said it would be $20K. Our house isn't huge, at about 2,800 sq feet without the basement. so that was a shock. I don't know what types of treatments to choose, nor what company is reputable besides H-D. We have very deep windows due to our walls being very thick to keep the house insulated. The windows frames are about 7" deep. We are not a family who would do well with curtains to the floor since we have pets and they would become hair catchers, never mind climbing ropes! We also have window trim with detailing. I'd love to hear whether shades or curtains are IN these days, what companies we should consider, and any other advice you have for choosing. The style of our house is probably farmhouse. I like Amber Lewis, lots of wood and nature, and have hardwood floors. Most of our trim is White Dove, and walls are neutral like Winds Breath. Thanks so much ahead of time!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Comments (23)