• User
    2 years ago

Just missing C3, D3. 🤠

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, I think I just got C3.

• bpath
    2 years ago

At first I looked at C2 and thought "what the heck could that answer be?" Went back to it and thought "what the heck IS that thing?" Did the "rubber ducky" routine and got it in a flash. That's fun, a bit different than usual.

Now on to B1 and D3, and refining C3. Thanks, jasdip! Good morning!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

What in the world is the "rubber ducky" routine?? ? ? ?

Not sure of B1, C3, and D3.

I feel like I 'know' the bonus, but can't quite get it, does that make sense?

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

Rusty, I learned it from my son’s tutor. When program developers have a program that doesn’t work, they need to talk with someone to find the coding errors. If you explain it to someone, you see the holes. But if there’s no one to talk to (the developers I know certainly liked to work at odd hours), talk to an object. Rubber duckys were the object of choice. I don’t know why. DS’ tutor gave him one for graduation.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Thanks, bpath. Guess I need to find something to use as a rubber ducky.

A second cup of coffee brought the bonus to me. So just three to go.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I’ve just come in from my walk and I have a couple of possibilities for D3.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Hmmm….I’m missing B1, C3 and D3.

• User
    2 years ago

I now have 3 possibilities for D3. one is kind of far fetched, one is too Canadian to be correct and one makes me laugh. So far, I’m going with the third one but I’m still hoping for a better answer.

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, I just thought of an answer for D3 that could be more American. Still it’s not a great answer.☹️

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Can I borrow one of your not great answers, ’cause I’m coming up completely blank for that one! I have not great answers for B1 and C3 that I’m guessing must be wrong, but I got nothin’ for D3, American or otherwise!

• User
    2 years ago

Lettersatoz, D3 has been one of the most puzzling ones ever for me.🤨

I am now leaning more toward my far fetched guess and, LOL, that has a slant of British and French in it. I don’t really like it. It’s bugging the dickens out of me.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’m feeling like some of these should be easier for me. See ehat the morning brings!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I dont have D3 or the bonus. D3 is really puzzling.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Feeling just a bit less clueless this morning. Just a bit.

I have an answer for B1 but I’m not convinced at all. Pretty happy with C3 but will keep at it. Nothing for D3. Thought I had something gor the bonus but then realized I saw it backwards.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I've got 'maybes' for C3 and D3, and a vague idea for B1, but pretty sure it's wrong.

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

We keep tossing ridiculous ideas around for B1. And absolutely no clue for D3. It sounds like roxsol might actually have it and is being coy. Are you? It’s not helping! Well, maybe, but not enough lol. Either that or I’m ”chibauded” (our family word from DH, it means I went one way but it turned out to be the wrong way)

• User
    2 years ago

Bpath, if you mean having the dickens puzzled out of me, yes, that was a hint but if the answer is that, it’s pretty lame.

This is my other hint for another guess at D3, is the reason why one may miss a phone call. Lame as well.☹️

Anybody got something else?

• User
    2 years ago

B1, tickled my funny bone.

Yes, that’s a hint, too.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Hmmm, not sure what you’ve got for B1 but it’s enough of a hint to know that I started down that path. Disn’t end up there though.

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, did you end up at the fingertips?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oh gosh that was actually an accodental hint, I didn’t have it but now I do. I was elsewhere entirely.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Eagerly awaiting the answers, as I have now officially given up on D3.

• User
    2 years ago

Jasdip, this has been the best of puzzles, this has been the worst of puzzles… ☹️

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Hmmm, I see what you’re getting at but I’m not convinced. So many to choose from!

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, I agree with you on that! I’ve got four guesses for D3 but that one seems the one that would work best. What have you got for D3? Hints? Anybody?

• User
    2 years ago

Okay, how about D3 being the reason someone might miss a phone call? Does that make sense?

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hey guys, I'm posting the solution, so SOB if you want to.

We've had the answer for D3 in one of our earliest puzzles.

A1 Live-in servants

A2 Driving under the influence

A3 Double jeopardy

B1 Nerve endings

B2 Coming up roses

B3 Making a mountain out of a molehill

C1 Surf's up

C2 Top-notch salesman

C3 Spreading infection or Sinus infection

D1 Down to earth

D2 Power in high places

D3 A tale of two cities.....Arlington and Washington

And...........Be with you in a minute

• User
    2 years ago

Woohoo, I got them all but I really don’t like the answer for D3 ☹️

My other guesses were End of the Line, the Canadian version being Burlington for the CNRail line or the American version being Arlington, as in cemetery, which is the End of the Line for some☹️

My other thought was ”short ringtone” (r)ington(e)

Thanks, Jasdip 🤠

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Well there ya go….roxsol was right! I got the hints, just didn’t believe it was right!

I also didn’t get nerve endings, but should have - we’ve solved too many others that way for me to have missed that. Oh well…on the bright side, nowhere to go but up!

Thanks, Jasdip.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Thanks, jasdip, I was going nuts trying to get C3 and D3. B1, that was one of my guesses, so I'll take that as a point.

These are so fun, give me something to do with my mind while doing mindless things

• User
    2 years ago

This one stressed me out a bit. 😳

I even screwed up my last post. I meant that my other two guesses were Burlington or Arlington as they are both sort of the end of the line.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I didn't get C2 and D 3 and I still don't get the latter.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

B1 I did eventually get with help from the discussion. I originally had blind curves (no see you) but realized of course that was an unlikely stretch. C3 I had infection wave, which I like better than spreading infection but not as much as sinus infection. D3 I got with help, though Burlington was one of the cities stuck in my mind. Finally, I missed the bonus. I saw BU and thought ”you be back in a minute.” Another which I realized was an unlikely stretch.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Thanks Jasdip, this was definitely a challenge. I did get C3 as sinus infection, but didn’t get D3 at all. I saw Lexington and Arlington in the clue but couldnt make anything of it. And didnt get the bonus either. I did the same as FOAS.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Is C3's shape sine curve?

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

^ I was wondering the same thing -- I don't really get sinus infection. I thought wave of infection, or spreading infection, or even infection rate. ?

• User
    2 years ago

I think it is referring to a sinus rhythm pattern on a heart chart.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I didn;t get B1, C3 or D3 and would never have figured them out.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Believe it or not, I also had 'blind curve' for B1, and even though I was pretty sure it was wrong, I like it much better than 'nerve endings'.

And my 'maybe' answers for C3 and D3 turned out to be right!

Thanks, Jasdip, for the fun!

Rusty

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022