SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thekeller4

Thermador steam oven vs. Miele steam oven

thekeller4
2 years ago

I've been posting a lot on here lately because my future steam oven is dictating my overall kitchen appliance decision :(.

We are building, and I need to stick with one brand for appliances to get my builder's discount.

I was set on Thermador as I really like their steam oven capacity and the fact that the steam oven is paired with the 30" convection wall oven; making them one unit (similar to two standard stacked wall double ovens). I also love that it is the largest capacity steam oven.

However, I'm now toying with the idea of switching everything over to Miele, as the Miele steam oven is plumbed in and I would not have to continually fill a water reservoir.

I'm stuck because the cons to the Miele steam oven are size (it is very close to the size of Thermador, but I believe increased capacity is in height and not width) and the fact that it is a completely separate unit from the standard wall oven, so when stacked on top of one another you have two control panels, adding on a little extra height. I am 5'4" and don't want these two units stacked on top of each other to get too high for me.

I would so love some opinions here in regard to which to go with; Miele or Thermador!

Thanks!

Comments (7)