SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
docmom_mn_zone_5

Life struggles and dumpster diving.

docmom_gw
2 years ago

I hope no one minds too much, but I am reaching out to my online community for moral support.

I kicked my unemployed husband out in August, after finding he had emptied our bank accounts and maxed out credit cards behind my back in my name, and was carrying on a remote affair, etc., etc.

I’m now required to pay him spousal support.

My rural medical practice was overwhelming, with me working 12 hours 5 days weekly, and still never keeping up. Then two partners announced they were leaving. Another is cutting back to two days weekly, and another is taking a well-deserved three month maternity leave. So, we we’re left with a third of the staff we had, which was already inadequate. Management was unhelpful. So, out of self-preservation, I walked out earlier this week. Heck, they can send me to jail. It would be a relief.

I’m now at my sister’s to spend the holiday with family. She has a roommate who recently discovered grocery dumpster diving. The quantity of perfectly edible food that is tossed out daily is criminal. In just three days, we have made soups, stews, and pizza. Bottles of coffee creamer, individual packets of applesauce, bottles of apple cider, bags of onions, green peppers, jalepeno peppers, bags of mini carrots, and on and on. Has anyone preserved grocery leftovers?

Comments (7)