SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

OT: Ferris State Bulldogs win Division II NCAA Championship!

annie1992
2 years ago

Yup, my own little back woods Big Rapids Ferris State University. I attended there, my Dad did, both my girls did, both their husbands did. The Princess is currently in their Criminal Justice Program, my prior boss/friend Chrystal taught Criminal Justice classes there for a while.

Anyway, they just won their first in history NCAA Division II Championship, beating Valdosta 58-17. The boys from Michigan got to travel to McKinney, Texas, to play, and the school sent 3 busses full of family/fans/students to cheer them on.

The Princess wanted to go, but could not get off work. The Bulldogs went to the finals against the same team, Valdosta, in 2018 and lost by, I think, two points. This time they were ready.

I think the whole town is celebrating. No burning couches, overturned cars, vandalized property, etc., just a whole lot of smiling people!

I just had to celebrate a little here, thanks for listening!

Annie

Comments (10)

• agmss15
    2 years ago

Yay! Congratulations.

annie1992 thanked agmss15
  • CA Kate z9
    2 years ago

Congrartulations to your college... and you!

annie1992 thanked CA Kate z9
  • LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

Congratulations Annie! It's always fun to celebrate a championship!

annie1992 thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • lindac92
    2 years ago

It'sa always fun when the little guy beats the big guys! Congrats!

• bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

always enjoyed the old college and juco games. grats around! used to be in the pep bands and remember fondly the trips to kansas ... massive road trip!

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

Bragu - Iowa State fans always represented very well at the Big 12 basketball tournament in KC. They would take over a couple bars in old Westport and win or lose the fans would stay until the end of the tournament.

• bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

yup a few years ago that was me ... as an ISU alum from 83. Hilton south!

• Compumom11
    2 years ago

Congrats to the team!

• Bluebell66
    2 years ago

Wasn't that exciting? One of our kids is a recent alum, too. Ferris is a fantastic school.