SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_18608764680

En-suite bathroom and walk in closet remodel

Jackie K
2 years ago

Hi there, we are remodelling our ensuite and walk-in closet and I would love to hear your thoughts. The house was built in 1967, so right now there is a weird dressing room/make up area between the closet and bathroom which really wastes a lot of space. We’d like to get rid of this area, and also extend the bathroom and closet by about a foot and a half into the bedroom, to gain more space in the closet and bathroom. I’ve attached the existing floor plan as well as the proposed layout. On the proposed layout each square represents 1’ x 1’. I don’t LOVE the proposed layout, and I’m really open to any suggestions. I’m already thinking I’d like to move the dividing wall between the bathroom and closet a little to the left, so the closet is a little wider and I can fit a 1 foot deep shoe shelf along the currently empty wall towards the back left of the closet. One issue I’m concerned about is the window in the bathroom. Once we extend the bathroom the window won’t be centred on the wall and I’m worried it will look a little weird. Unfortunately expanding the window is currently not in our budget. Any thoughts at greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Comments (12)