SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caryn_fisher

Help! Exterior paint and trim color with white vinyl windows

Caryn Fisher
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a two-story box of a house with a simple gabled roofline. We are in the process of priming the house in preparation for paint but we have not settled on colors! It can sit primed for a time, but we would like to paint the house before we put our new roof metal on in January.

Our windows are white vinyl and our roof is "weathered copper" which is actually just a brown color.

like this, but looks lighter in real life.

We both seem to be drawn to gray-greens or blue-greens. Then there is the trim.

My husband wants to trim that matches the roof, brown. That idea makes me cringe and I feel like we should go with more of a cream color. But with the white windows? I don't really like the white-matched trim photos that I see online either. So can I do a cream trim with white windows?

Any advice on picking colors to go with white vinyl windows and a brown roof?

The color here is one we are considering but not set on. It is darker in real life. Carolina Gull BM

And another color option.

Of course, both of these colors look different in real life. They present lighter on the screen, at least on my end The second one actually has more gray in it than it shows here.

Of course, both of these colors look different in real life. They present lighter on the screen, at least on my end The second one actually has more gray in it than it shows here.

Comments (19)