SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

What color would you paint this room?

mxk3 z5b_MI
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I just had my floors re-done; they are red oak with Duraseal Provencial. Previously were natural. This room is my home office. What's throwing me for a loop is the color of the desk and side table -- the stain has an overtly reddish tone, now with the brown floor I'm not sure what direction to go. The room faces north, and I like rich, dark paint colors.

I'm trying to take my house in rustic direction (I have a log-sided house), but I should note I don't like rust, orange, or red, so those are out. I love green but a big portion of the house is being done in green decor, it would be nice to have something a little different for this private space. I love my desk and am not getting rid of it, I just need to figure out a way to rustic up the room and bridge the wood tones.

Lights off: (those walls are actually a putrid gray-lavender, not reading right in these photos)

Lights on (the floor looks much warmer that it really is with the overhead lights on):

Here's a pick of the small bathroom refresh I did, DH painted the vanity BM Silver Pine. Would that color work, or not a good bet with the tones of the wood I have to work with:

Comments (20)