SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adam_sturgeon

An Empty Slate; A Blank Canvas. What Would You Do?!

adam sturgeon
2 years ago

Hi all,

My partner and I purchased a plot last year and have been experimenting with different house designs, visiting building companies and sitting down with architects. Every time we start committing to a plan we tend to get stuck and suffering with decision fatigue. Will there be enough light coming into this room? Is it logical to have stairs here? etc etc. We aren't sure how to move on but I believe we need to figure out a form and fully commit to it.

I am here to pick your brains. I want to know what you would do with all the possibilities an empty plot of land brings. All rough ideas and drawing are welcome. I mainly want to here the reasoning for your ideas. I don't want to limit you with our particular wishes and desires, nevertheless there are a couple of parameters.

The house should be no bigger than 150m2

The site is also sloped, about 13m difference between the highest and lowest points. I would say it is .a gentle slope. This is where we run into a lot of problems with design. Do we build with the slope, using a multilevel house? Do we heavily excavate? What shape should the house be to be logical and make use of the rest of the land? I'm really interested to see your creative ideas in this regard.

I'll upload as many pictures as possible. Please have some fun. We really appreciate any ideas as we are feeling a bit stuck! Thank you.

winter sun

summer sun

Comments (7)