SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_556281102

Has anyone tried Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls?

Olivia L
2 years ago

Right now I’m debating between Benjamin Moore cotton balls or simply white for our hallways (painting the walls, trim, and ceiling the same color). I got Samplize stickers and was shocked to see how much brighter and “glowing” cotton balls looked compared to simply white even though it has a lower LRV. I’m surprised I can’t find more about this white online. Has anyone used it? Thoughts compared to simply white? Does it end up looking green? How does it play with other colors?

Our house is a historic row home and mostly north facing. It can be a bit dark so I’m definitely pleased with the color of cotton balls. Usually I don’t love white in dark rooms but this works. If we were just painting the hallways I would definitely go for cotton balls but I want to paint all our ceilings and crown moulding the same color as the hallways and am unsure how cotton balls plays with other colors. It looks a bit green compared to simply white. Which I don’t mind. But we have thunder in our living room that turned out a bit more purple than I was expecting so I didn’t know if cotton balls would make the purple more apparent. Thanks!

Comments (4)