Sunday Brain Game-----SOLUTION

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

TV shows, and a bonus

Comments (46)

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Good Morning. I don't have B2, B3, D1 or the bonus. But I haven't had my coffee yet either.

• User
    2 years ago

I’m not much of a TV watcher. I have no idea for D1 and B3. Kind of sure about the rest. Maybe.

I do think I have the bonus, though.🤠

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

My wife helped me with A2 but not any of the others I’m missing: B2, B3, C1, D1, bonus.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Looks like B3 and D1 are the hang-ups for me on this one. And the bonus.

Wait, on second thought, I do have a 'maybe' for the bonus.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

Lol, I guess D1 isn’t Southpark😀 mkay?

• bpath
    2 years ago

If C1 is what I'm thinking, it ran for only a season and a half, 30+ years ago.

I suppose it could be another title that ran longer, could be read both ways.

• User
    2 years ago

My daughter just gave me B3 and D1. I’ll trust that she knows what she’s talking about.🙂

• maggie200
    2 years ago

I think the bonus is a character on a program.. if that's ALLOWED then MK might be allowed?

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I just took a look for the first time. I am not much of a Tv watcher but got most except B3 and D1 and the bonus

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

bpath, hmmm, the only idea I have for C1 would be a shortening, and it’s been on WAY more than a year and a half. But I’m probably wrong.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

When I first looked at this today, I completely missed the comment that it is TV shows. Some of my answers are most likely wrong, because I don't know if there are shows with that name. Still have nothing for B3 and D1, may Google tomorrow to see if my guesses might be TV shows.

Rusty

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

I thought I wouldn't stand a chance on this one, being US shows. But I‘ve got a few by working out a plausible answer and then Googling to see if a show of that name exists. I have an answer for C1 but it’s a British show, athough I’d never heard of it.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Still stuck on A2, B2, B3, D1. Clue time! (Not so sure on the Bonus, either.)

• lily316
    2 years ago

Stuck on A1 and 2 , B 1 and 3 and D1. Got the rest.

Edited to say I didn't see they were all TV shows.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The colour red has nothing to do with the tv shows, btw. Ignore that part of the puzzle.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Is B2 supposed to be a golden color and if so, does it matter?

• lily316
    2 years ago

Since I finally noticed they were all TV shows, I'm down to B3 and D1.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Well, thank goodness for Google, because some of these seem to be on cable channels that we don’t get. So, thanks to Jasdip’s comment above, I have A2.

Ooh, just got B3. Again, thanks Google! (and again, even though this was on broadcast, it’s the channel that rarely comes in on our antenna.)

Any clues for MK and the little yellow moon?

• User
    2 years ago

MK. How about someone living in Tibet? mkay

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Do you think MK might be autistic?

• User
    2 years ago

Jasdip I don’t really know, having never seen the show. My daughter said it is a show, though.

The title (but shorter) reminds me of a real old TV show about a bunch of guys taking the last train to Clarkesville. They said they’d meet me at the station.

• bpath
    2 years ago

OH!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I've finally, with the help of a family member, come up with an idea for D1. But it's not a show I've ever watched, and I don't think it fits any of what I think are supposed to be hints y'all are giving, so it's probably not right. Still in the dark with B3, but it could be a show one of my grandsons used to like. We'll see tonight.

Guess I don't watch enough TV. Or I watch a different genre of TV.

Rusty

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I came up with something for the moon but it does not account for it being so small.

I can see the show about people who had something to say but that is a stretch for me pronunciation wise. That one is my final no real possibility.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I got all the A's and have never watched any of them. I guess that's what happens when you only have cable tv and have to watch the commercials for cr@p tv shows. I'm just missing B3.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Thanks for the hint for D1, roxsol -- I may like that one better than what I came up with, although either may be a possibility, I suppose. I still have nothing for B3. And, to be clear, the bonus isn't also a tv show, is it? If it is, I'm still missing that one too; otherwise, I think I have it.

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, I don’t think the bonus is a tv show.

My first guess was something that some people like about Boxing Day/ day after Christmas if that makes sense.

I’m interested to see what you came up with for D1🙂

My daughter seems to think that is the answer, I’ve never heard of it before but I have nothing else.

• User
    2 years ago

B3, I’ve never heard of either. Again, daughter seems to know.

Lol, building my Lego Titanic made me think part of the answer has something to do with what a boat does when it is in trouble.

Or something Santa makes two of.🎅

• bpath
    2 years ago

B3, the puzzle shares the last letter of one word with the first letter of the second word.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Well, it seems a bit of a stretch, but maybe I have D1 based on some comments about a certain song. Still no clue about B3 though.

edited to say, although I‘ve not watched most of these tv shows, I have heard of them in some way or another.

edited again to say, I just got B3 after writing down something and it jumped out at me. I actually did watch a few episodes of that show.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

B3, when you go to the grocery store you make a ........

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

OMG I’ve had the show somce yesterday but couldn’t figure out how to make ir work.

• bpath
    2 years ago

B2? B2? Anyone??

• User
    2 years ago

That moon looks very small and not very dark. It’s probably not very heavy.

🙂 Working on these puzzles is like having a second job.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm off to bed...............so here you go!

Smallville

Big Love

Top Chef

Lost in Space

Moonlighting

The Mentalist

Day by Day or Today

All in the Family

Prison Break

Monk (M on K)

The Biggest Loser

Growing Pains

And.......Half Off

• User
    2 years ago

Goodnight, Jasdip 🌙⭐️

Have a good sleep.

Got them all with a little help.

Thanks

Ooh, I had Moonlight. I thought of Moonlighting, but there is also a show called Moonlight. I’m marking it correct., ’cuz I can.🙂

• User
    2 years ago

C1 I also considered One Day At a Time but thought Today fit better.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I got Mentalist after the hint about lists. For C1 I had Day by Day or One day at a time.

Thanks Jasdip. Good Night!

• lily316
    2 years ago

Never did get Mentalist and Monk although I watched them both.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I couldn't tell what was going on with the Bonus. I finally decided the partially-erased letter was a P, and it was an "aborted operation" (not medical, but, say, a military operation or the like).

So I was in the same mindset, so I'm giving myself partial credit (because I can lol)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I eventually did get Monk thanks to roxsol (though still didn’t realize the M on K - clever!) - the only other MK tv show that came to mind was Mortal Kombat. I had One Day at a Time, and never did get the Mentalist - never saw it, but can’t really use that as an excuse since I never saw Mortal Kombat either!

Fun!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Didn’t get Moonlighting and I’m not kicking myself for it; wouldn’t have struck me that the color was light. I asked about gold because I was thinking Honeymooners. A stretch, I know. Also not kicking myself over Monk, since I’ve never heard of it.

Today, on the other hand, I should have gotten. Didn’t cross my mind as I think of it as a news program not a ”show” per se. My guess (which I knew was wrong) was Days of Our Lives, or Days for short.

Half off… closest I got was ”part of.”

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

^ Oh, I don't know, FOAS, I think I'd give you credit for the Honeymooners.....kind of wish I had thought of it! (But I loved Moonlighting and that's what came to me first.)

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I had 'pale moon' for B2, that's what came to mind before I realized we were looking for TV shows. And I am really surprised I got B3 and D1 right, I thought my guesses for them were too far-fetched. But it was all I could come up with.

The bonus. I, too, thought it was a 'P' that was partially whited out. If there is a third letter that is whited out, it doesn't show at all on my monitor. So 'op out' was all I could come up with.

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I also thought the bonus was a cutoff P so I missed that one. I kept thinking of the OP or something along those lines and googling didn't help at all. I’ve never heard of a show with that answer so probably wouldn't have gotten it.

I also had two answers for C1, Day by Day and One Day at a Time.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor