SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jony_boy

Which Hardwood Floor Would You Choose Out of These Two

jony
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Here are the two hardwood flooring style we were confused about. One is heartwood hard maple flooring with naked color and other is ash flooring in beach color.

I like classic looks so I preferred ash flooring, but wifey liked maple flooring in naked color, because she thinks it is more of a modern look. So I did what any smart guy would do, I bought the maple flooring.

I kind of liked the look of maple flooring as well, because compared to all other maple flooring I have seen, this one seemed to have a LOT of visible grain pattern, which I love. I am inclined to say it has more grains than ash flooring, but jury is still out on that. Grains on maple flooring are less visible in picture due to its color but it more prominent in real life and you can see them if you zoom over it.

Coming back to point, the thing I am thinking over is how this maple floor will age over time. Having a modern look is good and all and I know a lot of people are leaning toward these naked floors theses days, but what you think about the aging process of these floors. How will it change color over time. Does someone have experience with this type of floors and knows how did they age. Pictures would be great.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio