SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillianbreanne

To shade or not to shade...?

Jillian
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi All! I am new to the site. I am going through a bit of a dilemma. I just bought a house and it only came with a few rooms that had window coverings. One of the rooms had 2" faux white wood blinds and a couple of the other rooms and very cheap bamboo roller shades. I jumped the gun and went to Lowes and bought all new 2" inch faux white wood blinds and then the very next day decided I didn't want them so I returned them.

I realized while at Lowe's that the custom Levolor shades were on sale for 50% off and decided that I wanted to pursue that route. I really loved the look of the bamboo shades in my home, so I decided to go that route. I ended up purchasing 18 custom roman shades. All of the shades on my main floor will be natural colored woven bamboo shades and the second floor will be white woven roman shades.

I am now at a point where I am regretting my decision to buy ($3,500 dollars worth) of shades on a whim. I don't think I really needed shades on ALL of my windows. This brings me to my questions:

- Do you think all rooms in the house should have blinds?

- Do you think all rooms should have matching blinds?

- Should/could I have just put curtains in some rooms instead of both shades and curtains?

Ultimately, all of the shades I bought do match my home decor style. I am just wondering if I should have just stuck with my old reliable 2" faux white wood blinds like I had in my old house (that are also way cheaper). I don't know what compelled me to end up purchasing shades for EVERY window in my home. I guess in my sleep deprived exhausted mind (I have a small baby), it was all or nothing, haha. At this point there is really nothing I can do, as the blinds cannot be canceled or returned. I think I am just looking for some reassurance?

Thank you for your help!

Comments (2)