SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_783152196

Tricky living-dining open space layout

HU-783152196
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hey,

I am moving into this apartment in a building that used to be a factory and now converted to apartments.

For some reason - maybe more light flow - they used glass walls to cut out a chunk of the living open space to make it into a winter garden. I think its strange because it is actually an integral part of the apartment with a proper wall and ceiling. However, I also think its quite charming and I think of keeping it to avoid renovation work. The general idea is to keep the rest of the apartment clean and have a jungle in the winter garden.

The problem: the space for living and dining is square, not too spacious, and there are only two walls (the other 2 directions are kitchen and glass wall).

I was considering maybe pushing the dining table against the sofa, but i think its hard to pull off. I am not 100% i need a tv but i would still perfer a 3-seater facing a wall over 2 sets of 2-seater against each other.

what do you think i should do with this space? i attach floor plans with some sketches i did (in the comments)

Comments (6)